Won't replace my rebate card !! With full balance.
Packrat427
Enthusiast - Level 2

Bought a promotional(I Pad) version from Verizon.. $100.00 out of pocket.

Get $100.00 back on a card.

I got the card and put it away for a rainy day.

Little did I know it had a expiration date, and yes it's expired !!

I have sent E- Mail's and talked to a representative .. And a Supervisor..

They all told me there was nothing they can do, knowing it had the full balance on the card, I said how much$& are you collecting from people that have expired cards. He said that was none of MY business . I  then said I wish I would have known this before I just renewed my contract with them !!!!

So ..

Verizon

You make how much daily, and can't make this rig

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Won't replace my rebate card !! With full balance.
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you call the rebate company? Their number is on the back of the card. It is not Verizon that issues the rebates, it is a 3rd party. Citi, to be exact. Verizon cannot do anything to help you but the rebate company might.

Also know that the rebate company is a for profit organization which means the make their money on unused/expired balances and rebates that aren't even claimed. The last that I heard was that less than 50% of rebates are claimed. That means over 50% of people who are eligible for a rebate do not bother sending it in.

View solution in original post

clg92
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why would they replace your card when you were the one who let it expire? I don't see how Verizon is at fault here.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you call the rebate company? Their number is on the back of the card. It is not Verizon that issues the rebates, it is a 3rd party. Citi, to be exact. Verizon cannot do anything to help you but the rebate company might.

Also know that the rebate company is a for profit organization which means the make their money on unused/expired balances and rebates that aren't even claimed. The last that I heard was that less than 50% of rebates are claimed. That means over 50% of people who are eligible for a rebate do not bother sending it in.

Packrat427
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes. I did call them !

Talked to several people there.

I didn't realize that it expired that quick.

0 Likes
Packrat427
Enthusiast - Level 2

I didn't realize it expired so quick.

So much for keeping it for a rainy day.

It's money owed to me !

0 Likes