Re: Wireless Service Degraded
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your phone model needs to first be capable of connecting to another LTE frequency besides band 13.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
apexi055
Enthusiast - Level 3

Unfortunately what band your phone connects to is not something you can control. I was just watching my phone jump from band to band on its own using a 3rd party app. 

I would suggest trying a new sim card, it might not do anything, but it's free and worth a try. Verizon can send you one in the mail if you don't feel like stopping by a store.

What model phone do you have?

0 Likes
r_keylon

Zip codes 85225

So I have been told.

I live in a marginal service area,

Does this mean I need another service provider

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Delivering reliable service is always our goal, r_keylon. We’re not showing any reported service outages in that area. You had mentioned you were advised that you’re in a marginal coverage area. Was this the result of some troubleshooting or a network ticket? Have we provided you any options to help improve your indoor coverage? If not, what make/model devices do you have at home?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
LUKLYO85

I was NOT advised I am " in a marginal coverage area".  Is this some kind

of robot response?

Verizon's service in Sandy has been getting worse over time.  Much worse.

This is not some temporary thing.  This is ongoing for a long time.

I have already started to change over all of my business to AT&T, except

for two phones.  As soon as the contract expires on those, I will be

switching them, too.

Thanks for the [removed] form response.  It shows you really give a [removed].

Profanity removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

LUKLY085-

I apologize sincerely for the frustration. Since there are multiple users on this thread, our customer support team was responding to another user who indicated they were advised they were located in a marginal coverage area. That being said, we certainly want to get to the bottom of your service challenges because we definitely don't want to lose you. I have sent you a message to your community inbox, can you please reply there so we can provide more personalized support?

AmberK_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes