Wireless Home Connect & Uniden Cordless Phone Compatibility
mjctgee23
Enthusiast - Level 2

We added my Mother in Law to our plan using the Wireless Home Connect system. We got her a Uniden cordless phone with extra handsets she can have in her den and bedroom so she can hear and answer the phone wherever she is in her apartment. She's 84 and it's a safety thing.

Anyway, the first day we set it up, we tested and the remote handsets rang. After a day or two they stopped ringing. We called Uniden, and they thought it might be a defective phone, so they sent us a new one. Same thing happened.

We talked to a couple people at a Verizon store, and also called the Verizon support desk. We also talked to someone at Radio Shack. No one has heard of this happening, and the only suggestion was resetting the Home Connect box. So we took out the battery, and replaced it. The handsets still don't ring. We made sure they weren't on "silent", and when we test the ringer, it works.

I don't know how many people have cordless phone with remote handsets that also use the Wireless Home Connect box from Verizon, but we need to find a solution for this.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wireless Home Connect & Uniden Cordless Phone Compatibility
rcschnoor
Legend

I have had HPC since April of 2011 with a cordless phone/answering machine hooked up to it. I have not had any problems. Phone always rings, no dropped calls. This is also with a Uniden system. Can't imagine why it wouldn't be working.

0 Likes
mjctgee23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you also have remote handsets? The base cordless phone works fine, it's

the remote handsets that no longer ring. They work to call out and answer,

they just stopped ringing.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Yes, it is a base station with 4 remote handsets. They all ring.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Have you tried it with someone's landline to see if they ring there?

0 Likes
mjctgee23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ok, thanks for responding. So strange that it's happened with two different

phones. What model of Uniden phone do you have. Maybe we need to try a

different model.

0 Likes
mjctgee23
Enthusiast - Level 2

That was another suggestion, so we are going to test that as well. Thing

is...they DID ring, at least for a day or so. Just can't get them to ring

anymore.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

I will have to check when I get home.

Edit: But it is at least 4-5 yrs old and probably not being made anymore.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi mjctgee23!

How nice of you to get the Home Phone Connect for your mother in law! Let's figure out what's going on here, since you mentioned that the base phone rings, but the other phones aren't ringing. You also mentioned that this is a safety thing, so I'd really like to help! The first thing I would like to do is show you the page for the Home Phone Connect service: http://bit.ly/Wf7GcX I would like to ask if you could please review the bottom right of the page and check the Device Incompatibilities section. Please let me know if any of this information could be playing a factor in your case. We can then go from there if needed.

Thank you,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes