Wire taps for all Verizon customers
gmleaman

We were shocked to learn this morning that Verizon is allowing our government to tap the phone numbers and conversations of all their customers! Shame on you!!! We'll definitely be looking at other suppliers!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wire taps for all Verizon customers
Not applicable

Come on, the other providers probably already give that information. Its the fact Verizon is so large a provider they once again get the bad press.

The us government has the technology to see through walls, over city streets and have and do monitor all incoming and outgoing communications much more now since 9/11

The world is not coming to an end. We as a society have been placed on a heighten alert since the investigations by assorted government agencies have found this is how terrorist act. They communicate with each other via cell phones, through the internet and text messages abd many other media formats.

Big deal the government is becoming proactive instead of reactive.

Personally I don't care if they know I call my wife or my friends and neighbors. I am not paranoid and think the US Government is out to get me or has a spy on every corner.

0 Likes
Dano3141
Enthusiast - Level 3

Elector -

The Guardian article says this only applies to Verizon customers.  It's Verizon customers that NSA is going after.  That is all we know.  There are many privacy and civil liberty groups that responded immediately to the news last night saying they are going to fight it.  The reason this hits a raw nerve is because it is possible this violates the constitution.  If there is no probable cause, then they have no right to do broad search and seizure of records from all customers.  The FISA warrant is a farce.

0 Likes
Not applicable

The Supreme Court has just compelled I believe Google to comply with requests for records and this was fought via Googles lawyers under the Fourth Admendment of the US Constitution.

The US Government has been stepping on quite a few rights under the US Constitution and the sad part is the US Supreme court is allowing it. There is no appeal of a US Supreme Court decision. There has to be a Congressional override in order to reverse their court decision. You and I both know this is not going to happen.

When President Bush created the Homeland Security Agency, it was simular to the way Adolph Hitler had the same acts thrust upon the peoples rights. Their constitutional protections were set aside. And you know where that led.

The people are afraid today in this country, if you look for solutions to ease these fears you end up what is happening now.

But until you know the extent of the requests and what they are for why be overly worried now.