Will upgrading a 2nd line change the data plan on the primary line?
ace214

We have an America's choice family share plan.  I have unlimited data on my phone while my husband has just a basic phone with no data.  We would like to update his phone to a newer basic phone.  Will changing his phone cause any changes to the data plan on my phone?  I don't expect that it will but would just like to verify before ordering his new phone.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will upgrading a 2nd line change the data plan on the primary line?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Changing the phone on your husband's line should have no effect on your line or your data.  Be sure to do the upgrade at a corporate store - some third party vendors or authorized resellers seem to only have access to the Share everything plan when upgrading a line...

You said you had an America's Choice plan - that's an old one and there MAY be an issue with keeping it... you said you had unlimited data on your line.  What phone model do you  have and do you pay the $30 ($29.99) for unlimited?

0 Likes
Re: Will upgrading a 2nd line change the data plan on the primary line?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you SuzyQ for taking the time to help out our fellow community members! I really appreciate it!

@ace214,

Upgrading to a new phone is always a fun time. I know keeping the unlimited data on your line is important to you and I understand you wanting to make sure your husband's upgrade will not affect your line.

I have great news! Upgrading your husband's line will not affect your line at all. You will be able to keep your unlimited data plan since the upgrade is not on your line.

As SuzyQ suggested, it would be a good idea for you to upgrade at a VZW corporate store to make sure every goes smoothly as some third pary or authorized dealers may not be able to upgrade the line and keep the old calling plan. Visit http://bit.ly/3SdsA to find the nearest store location.

I'm here if you have any further questions or concerns.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes