Will my voicemail transfer?
Catfac3

When I previously upgraded to a new phone I lost all of my old voicemails. I recently broke my current phone and am having my insurance replacement sent to me (same phone). Will my voicemails still be there? My father passed away in December and I have voicemails from him I don't want to lose and I can't currently afford the permanent back up service to have them saved. I've tried transferring them to my google voice account, but no dice. Does anyone know if they'll still be there since it's the same phone?

Thanks,

Sydney

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will my voicemail transfer?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Catfac3,

We absolutely do not want you to lose those voice-mails! I'm glad you already know about the archiving service. Since you will be activating the exact same phone, you will still be able to access your voice-mails like you do right now. The only time you would need to be
concerned is when you switch between any phone and the iPhone.

Please let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

Weth
Legend

Something that irreplaceable shouldn't be to the whims of an upgrade. Make a recording of that very important voicemail and save it in other places so if it's lost in one place it's still not gone.  All it takes is one mistake and it's gone forever. If you don't know how to make a recording find a friend or family member that knows computers and have them help you make the recording 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Catfac3,

We absolutely do not want you to lose those voice-mails! I'm glad you already know about the archiving service. Since you will be activating the exact same phone, you will still be able to access your voice-mails like you do right now. The only time you would need to be
concerned is when you switch between any phone and the iPhone.

Please let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

ChristopherM_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!