Will having to get my phone replaced under warranty make it so I can't upgrade with Edge after paying off the contract?
Datamonger

I bought a Nokia Lumia 928 though the Edge program and had to get the phone replaced under warranty less than six months later.  I'm wanting to upgrade again and use Edge to do so, but since I no longer have my original phone, I obviously can't return it.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will having to get my phone replaced under warranty make it so I can't upgrade with Edge after paying off the contract?
Datamonger

I should also mention that if I hadn't had to get my original Lumia 928 replaced, I would have had the phone for less than a year at this point.  I believe it was in either February or March that I upgraded.

0 Likes
Re: Will having to get my phone replaced under warranty make it so I can't upgrade with Edge after paying off the contract?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Datamonger,

We want you to enjoy all the benefits of Edge, including Edging Up! When a phone is replaced by us, under warranty, you absolutely can still Edge Up. Have you tried processing this? Are you getting an error when trying to Edge Up?

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Datamonger

I've tried to upgrade through Edge, but there's something preventing the upgrade.  I actually paid off my Edge agreement, thus paying off the phone.  I was informed that I should have been able to Edge Up immediately, but was never given the option to.  I was also informed that if I didn't Edge Up immediately, then I'd have to wait 30 days to do so.  It is now past that 30 day period and I am now being told that if I want to upgrade, I have to do so at full price.  There is no option for me to Edge Up.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Datamonger!

Your efforts are greatly appreciated! Let's look into this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Datamonger,

I will be sending you a Private Message within the next 2-3 minutes.

Thanks,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes