Will changing account ownership work?
vanhisent

There are two phones on my contact currently. One of the lines expires in January and the other line has recently switched over to verizon edge. When the contract ends in January, I want to take the phone not on edge and its number and open a new account, this number is the account owner though. To split up the lines, do I just need to transfer account ownership from the non-edge line to the edge line? Am I then free to take that number and open another (verizon) account on its own? I don't know much about verizon edge, is this going to be an easy thing to do? The account owner number is mine and I really don't want to lose it, but would like to be on my own plan.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Will changing account ownership work?
Not applicable

The Edge line would have to pay off the plan before it could change to it's own account. Also that person would have to get a credit check and may be charged up to $400 security deposit if their credit is not so good.

0 Likes
vanhisent

If i were to just let my account owner line expire and just start fresh, what would happen to the edge line?

0 Likes
Not applicable

How do you let something "expire"? When your contract runs out you are just month t month after that you service doesn't stop. If you want that line to "expire" you'd actually have to cancel service on that line. I can say for sure but I suspect if you cancel the current account owner line then the edge line would have to pay the remaining amount in full. You being the current account owner own the edge line also.

0 Likes
vanhisent

That is what I meant by expire. I plan to let the contract go and then end it when it's time to renew, hence expire.

0 Likes
Not applicable

There isn't any "time to renew" You do not have to sign a contract to have service with Verizon. You only need a contract if you take a subsidized upgrade.My contract ended 4 months ago I clearly still have service.

0 Likes
vanhisent

I realize that, but personally, for my situation, I do. When the date for contract ends approaches, I will be be canceling. Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You'll still be responsible for the line on the Edge plan.

0 Likes