Re: Will Verizon match T-Mobile military plan?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

"helping my case" ? You said Verizon needs to get rid of line access fees like t-mobile then when I show you plans that don't have them you say "Well they roll them into the price" What the heck do you think t-mobile does? And just because Beyond is ore expensive than your plan doesn't mean my point about line access fees isn't true. In fact you don't make your case when a plan WITH line access fees is actually cheaper than one without. So what was your point again?

0 Likes
Derrin13

My point is the smartphone line access fee was a money grab from the start

because there were a couple of non smart phones left. By rolling it in, it

doesn't make it any less unnecessary. It just masks it. Adding 20 to the

base fee just makes it apply to everybody. The plan being cheaper is just a

positive externality. Doesn't mean it's a competitive price. T-mobile

"rollin it in" is still $20+ cheaper. Instead of rolling it in, they should

have removed it all together. That would have made prices competitive. Even

if it is a bit more. But not nearly 50% more overall

On Mon, May 14, 2018, 17:18 boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Derrin13 wrote:

My point is the smartphone line access fee was a money grab from the start

because there were a couple of non smart phones left. By rolling it in, it

doesn't make it any less unnecessary. It just masks it. Adding 20 to the

base fee just makes it apply to everybody. The plan being cheaper is just a

positive externality. Doesn't mean it's a competitive price. T-mobile

"rollin it in" is still $20+ cheaper. Instead of rolling it in, they should

have removed it all together. That would have made prices competitive. Even

if it is a bit more. But not nearly 50% more overall

On Mon, May 14, 2018, 17:18 boringusername <forums@verizonwireless.com>

Your post doesn't make any sense. So 10 unlimited lines for $100 is what Verizon supposed to charge? Why does t-mobile charge A LOT more then?

Verizon can charge more because it still has a better network. You're free to not use Verizon IF you have other options. The fact I have to say IF is why Verizon can charge more. If in 2-3 years t-mobile's network is on par with Verizon and Verizon still charges more than T-Mobile then people will switch Verizon will lose customers and they will adjust accordingly.

The whole reason why Verizon started offering unlimited again after saying just a couple months earlier that it wasn't necessary to have, was because they had lost 300,000 customers in just the first 6 weeks in 2017. They added an unlimited plan and stopped the bleeding. Why you think Verizon wouldn't adjust again is beyond me.

MarFur_0200
Enthusiast - Level 3

BoringUserName,

Respectfully, you appear very defensive about Verizon. Would care you care to defend why the same model phones are priced higher by Verizon than the other mobile companies and the manufacturer of the phones-Samsung? Please defend why Verizon charges nearly $100 more for the Samsung S9 family than does the manufacturer (for an unlocked phone) and T-Mobile? I respectfully await your reply.

Buy From Samsung.JPG

VZN-TMob.jpg

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

MarFur_0200 wrote:

BoringUserName,

Respectfully, you appear very defensive about Verizon. Would care you care to defend why the same model phones are priced higher by Verizon than the other mobile companies and the manufacturer of the phones-Samsung? Please defend why Verizon charges nearly $100 more for the Samsung S9 family than does the manufacturer (for an unlocked phone) and T-Mobile? I respectfully await your reply.

Buy From Samsung.JPG

VZN-TMob.jpg

I'm not defensive but you appear to hate Verizon which make me wonder why you give them hundreds if not thousands of $$$ a year. That is extremely odd. If you do not like Verizon's pricing you are free to choose another carrier. That's how you affect change not whining on a messageboard. Imagine if every person that complains about Verizon actually left. You'd think Verizon would re-think some things? I do. No they just engage is wishful complaining on some messageboard and a year or 2 or more later is still shocked nothing has changed.

0 Likes
MarFur_0200
Enthusiast - Level 3

BoringUserName,

Please expound upon and provide evidence as to how I "appear to hate Verizon?" I'll respectfully wait your answer.Do consumers not have to right and cognitive skills to question companies? Is competitive pricing something out of the blue? No, competitive pricing is something utilized by competitive companies to retain loyal customers. Even Comcast pretends to play the competitive pricing game.Why is it so shocking to ask the same of Verizon?

Again, respectfully, please expound upon and provide evidence as to how I "appear to hate Verizon?"

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

You've been pretty much praising t-mobile and bashing Verizon. The question "Do consumers not have to right and cognitive skills to question companies" has been answered. Verizon charges what they do BECAUSE THEY CAN.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Derrin13, your long time loyalty truly means everything to us, and we never want to see you go. We truly want to thank you for your services, and we understand the importance of making sure you are on the best plan with the best price. Allow us the opportunity to further go over the details and review your plan options. Your current price plan (New Verizon unlimited) does indeed include line access charges as this is a shared/tiered plan. The new Verizon unlimited plan provides you a base plan price of $110.00 and a individual line access charge for each line you add to the plan. Please follow this link for more details http://vz.to/2onLnqk. Additionally, this plan will provide you the benefits of adding your active duty military service members and veterans discount along with additional discount options when you sign up for Auto pay and paper-free billing. Please follow the link I have provided above and reference number 7 for more details. If you have not added your military discount you will be able to do so by following this link www.vzw.com/discounts.

We want to keep you and your family as long time customers. Can you please let us know how many active lines you have with us along with your families average data usage so we can make sure you are on the best plan possible?

SylviaT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!! 

0 Likes
MarFur_0200
Enthusiast - Level 3

BoringUserName,

You have provided an opinion about my words, BUT you have provided neither evidence of me demonstration "hate" for Verizon nor ""praise" for T-Mobile. My replies do the original poster is mixed with my opinions, but also has FACTS about pricing. Unless, you can produce facts or evidence (from my posts) of my hate for Verizon or praise for T-Mobile, it's best that we skip one another's posts.

0 Likes
joey2007ua64
Contributor - Level 3

MarFur_0200 wrote:

I consider it absolutely FOOLISH to pay Verizon $94 more for than T-Mobile for the same equipment.

For several weeks Verizon offered $300 off the best android phones with no trade-in or new line required.  Purchasing 2 phones with this promotion would have resulted in savings very close to that BOGO deal.  If an existing Verizon customer really wanted to take advantage of the BOGO, all they had to do was add a line and cancel an old one(I would have ported the old number to Google voice).  Every BOGO deal I've seen on T-Mobile requires a port-in which excludes all their existing customers.

duh.png

This week they are offering 50% off with select trade-ins.  I can get $200 off with my old S6 versus the $33 T-Mobile offers making the net cost of the Verizon device lower.

Right now the Verizon version can be purchased through Samsung for $639.99($200 less than T-Mobile) ONLY if you purchase it with the Verizon device payment program.  This savings may not come directly from Verizon, but is ONLY available to Verizon customers.

sam1.png

sam3.png

Choose the other payment options and it's the same price as T-Mobile's.

sam2.png

I've never paid full retail for any of my Verizon phones.  There are always promotions that offer significant savings.  I shop around and get the best deal be it Verizon, the manufacturer, or third party retailer.  I saved $1,200 when I upgraded my 4 lines with deals that were available to everyone.

MarFur_0200 wrote:

Consumers- be wise with your pennies. Money talks!

I'm with Verizon because they have service in the locations I need to use it.  In the 10 years I've been with Verizon, T-Mobile has made zero progress expanding their networks in those areas.  Paying T-Mobile half what I pay Verizon would still be grossly overpriced for the service I would receive.