Re: Will Verizon Replace My Phone?
Not applicable

What Verizon has done in the past is send just the phone without back cover or battery.

Do not send anything back until your replacement is up and running. This way if Verizon does not send the back or battery you will have them already.

Androids can be backed up to Google sync. Contacts, music, etc. However if the device has an SD card it can be backed up there.

I normally hook my phone to my computer via USB and I select all my files and folders and I copy them to a folder on my desktop. Then if I need to wipe my device I know its all on my computer.

Putting it back on is just in reverse as when you placed it on your computer.

Its easy to do.

And it makes no difference if it works or not. They are going to send it to someone else as a warranty replacement.

Good Luck

0 Likes
johnclark12
Enthusiast - Level 2

Okay thank you for the answers, hoping this all goes smoothly without me having to drop Verizon due to not being able to afford a $600 phone.

0 Likes
MAK2020
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good luck.

i paid $500 for a MotoZ4 with a bad lens camera.   It was replaced with one that I now have to return because it wouldn’t hold battery life and it was so hot you could feel the heat through a case.  ALso would shut off and touching the screen wouldn’t bring it back to life.

I just received another refurbished phone so my $500 is literally flying out the window again as they send somebody’s bad phone to you.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MAK2020, 

We know the importance of having a properly working device. You always have a one-year manufacturer warranty on any device purchased through Verizon. If there are any manufacturer issues with it within the Worry Free Guarantee (14 days after purchase), you may return exchange for a new device. Once you are outside of the WFG, the one year warranty will kick in. Your device will have the option of being repaired (If available near you) or you will have a Certified Like New Replacement sent out. This process is similar amongst most carriers. You can read more about the CLNR's here: https://www.verizon.com/support/certified-like-new-replacements/

ChristineK_VZW 

0 Likes