Will Asurion fine me for not performing a factory reset on a NON-WORKING phone?
amylasich

I dropped my iPhone 5c 32 gb and the screen shattered and the phone won't work. If it worked, I wouldn't need Asurion. However, in order to avoid a $300 fine, I am supposed to do a factory reset before mailing it back. But Apple support said I can't do a factory reset because the phone doesn't work. My insurance covers loss and theft too, so if I had lost it, how would I have been able to perform a factory reset? This doesn't make any sense at all.

All in all, I pay $10 per month for this insurance ($240 for 2 years), a $169 deductible, and now potentially a $300 fine? A new phone would've been cheaper than all of this!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Will Asurion fine me for not performing a factory reset on a NON-WORKING phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amylasich, it's important to us that you get a working device as soon as possible. Due to physical damage, you will be unable to hard reset your phone. As a result, not hard resetting your phone is acceptable in this situation. The shattered screen is covered under insurance: http://vz.to/Prh6pa Filing an insurance claim is the cheapest option to replace your phone as a new device would be $549.99.

There is no $300.00 fine when returning your damaged device back to Asurion. I recommend that you contact them at (888) 881-2622 to address your concerns regarding that matter. I hope that this information is helpful to you. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Will Asurion fine me for not performing a factory reset on a NON-WORKING phone?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amylasich, it's important to us that you get a working device as soon as possible. Due to physical damage, you will be unable to hard reset your phone. As a result, not hard resetting your phone is acceptable in this situation. The shattered screen is covered under insurance: http://vz.to/Prh6pa Filing an insurance claim is the cheapest option to replace your phone as a new device would be $549.99.

There is no $300.00 fine when returning your damaged device back to Asurion. I recommend that you contact them at (888) 881-2622 to address your concerns regarding that matter. I hope that this information is helpful to you. 

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes