Wifi Calling working at work but not at home
pup975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just moved from AT&T to Verizon. On my work's wifi network, I get the "VZW Wifi" indication but at my home network, I don't get it unless I'm on airplane mode. At both home and work, I'm getting about 2 bars on the Verizon network. I have an iPhone 6S that would do Wifi calling from home when I was on AT&T. My wife has an iPhone 7 through her job which is on Verizon, and she has the "VZW Wifi" on her phone at home. Can't figure out why my iPhone 6S won't give me Wifi calling at home but can at work and when my wife can get it at home.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi Calling working at work but not at home
danieller_vzw
Verizon Employee
Wifi calling is such a great feature to have access to when your indoor signal may bot be strong enough, pup975. We definitely want this feature to work for you no matter where you go. Let's look further into this. While at home, are you able to browse the web with your home wifi network? Please turn wifi calling off and back on, https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/. Let us know how this goes.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pup975
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have actually gone through level 2 support and she couldn't figure it out. The other information that I have today that I didn't yesterday when talking with support was that Wifi Calling turns on when I'm at work. I have turned off wifi calling and turned it back on, reset network settings, etc. Wifi calling works on my phone, but just not in my home network. However, the home network is able to do Wifi calling because my wife's phone on the Verizon network does do wifi calling at home.

kathy65793
Master - Level 1

Have you tried to reset your wifi at home? I have a wireless network in my home and my phone will have problems connected to my wifi after the kids and grand kids are here and after they leave my one phone will be on it and the other won't connect. When I reboot the network everything connects fine 

0 Likes
pup975
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, I have reset it along with resetting my network setting on my phone so it has a fresh reconnect to my network.. Again, my wife's Verizon iPhone 7 does Wifi calling at our home and on Airplane mode on my iPhone 6S, the wifi calling works which would suggest that our home network isn't the issue.

It's like it isn't being forced to use the wifi calling when I'm at home. When I force it to use wifi calling with Airplane mode, it works. At work, it seems to want to use wifi calling.

NHMerino
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have exactly the same problem.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's very strange that your device is having difficulties using WiFi calling with different WiFi networks, NHMerino. The community has suggested some helpful steps. Have you had any success with resetting your network settings or resetting your router? What device are you using?

pup975, you've done a great deal of troubleshooting. Has your device received the latest software and carrier updates? You can check by going to Settings>General>Software Update. If your device is up to date, the next step we recommend would be to complete a factory reset. This will erase any content that has not been backed up with Verizon Cloud or iCloud. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-177926/

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Render816
Enthusiast - Level 1

Did you ever resolve this? I have the same issue. Can force it by switching to airplane mode at home, but don’t really want to do that because they I forget to switch it back when I leave the house.  I have service at home- if I stand still, but it tends to fade in and out depending on where I am. Would like to prefer WiFi calling when at home so I don’t have to deal with dropped calls. I, too, have done all the troubleshooting and nothing works. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes