Wifi Calling fails to connect to called number, but cellular connection succeeds in connecting

v10tdi

I have successfully enabled wifi calling on my iPhone SE. It usually works fine, but on occassion, Verizon is unable to connect to the called number if I use wifi, but it can connect the called number via cellular. The error message I receive from Verizon is one of two (for the same called number, a toll-free number for home depot):

"Your call did not go through. Please try your call again. 159T"

or

"Welcome to Verizon Wireless - Your call cannot be completed as the called party is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later."

If I simply try the call using the cellular network, it goes through fine. However, the cellular network connection is pretty poor at my location, and sound quality suffers. So I prefer using the wifi network for calls.

Any ideas what's going on?

0 Likes

Re: Wifi Calling fails to connect to called number, but cellular connection succeeds in connecting

Community Manager
Community Manager

It concerns us to hear you are unable to call certain numbers when using Wi-Fi Calling. It is important you are able to call without problems, and we will help. We have some questions to better assist. Does this occur when calling any toll-free number? Do you experience this issue when calling other numbers?   DavidR_VZW

0 Likes