Wi-Fi for home/setup on I-Phone4
Snookkatcher

For a home Wi-Fi network setup ( for I-Phone 4 ), where do the 'networks' and passwords come from? The info to 'see network administrator' gives me no onfo at all. WHO is that supposed to be? The 'setup' directions gloss right over that tiny detail.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wi-Fi for home/setup on I-Phone4
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Snookkatcher,

I'd love to help you with setting up Wifi on your iPhone. If using your home's Wifi service, you would use the password set up through the home service. In this case, you would have to contact your ISP for your home service in order to get the answers for you.

If you are using the Hotspot on your device, click on this link for the steps: http://bit.ly/rxbvlV

Please let me know how this works for you. Thanks!

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Snookkatcher wrote:

For a home Wi-Fi network setup ( for I-Phone 4 ), where do the 'networks' and passwords come from?

If you have wi-fi at home, then the phone *should* detect your home network name (the same one that computers or other devices that use the wi-fi connect to).  Choose that one, and when it asks for the password, use the same one that you use to connect a computer or other device (It may be called a passphrase, or network key).  If someone else set up the network, that information should be available in the paperwork you were given at the time of setup.

Hope this helps,

Suzy

0 Likes
SydneyK
Master - Level 3

SuzyQ brings up a good point: To connect to mine, I have to type in the security key, not the password.

0 Likes