Re: Why won't Verizon Fix My Voicemail?
Not applicable

Personally why kill yourself over this non service. And yes this is a Verizon issue and part of what you are paying for.

Just port out. If you owe money as early termination fees don't pay them just take them to small claims court immediately. Don't mess around any longer.

This is horrendous service. Take your business elsewhere.

Good Luck

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't normally condone or suggest what it is that Elector is saying but honestly, what are getting by staying around? You're clearly disgruntled and finishing out your contract won't make you any happier. I know VZW has the best coverage and if that's why you decide to stay then great. I know you're frustrated but maybe the issue can't be fixed as easily as you want it to be. I know it stinks that they're not communicating with you so you should continually call or go into the store even though it is inconvenient for you. I can tell you that if you want this fixed you really have to follow up with it but nicely. I work in customer service and I want to help every customer that walks through my door but I am more inclined to help someone who calmly explains their issue and listens to what I am saying over someone who is yelling at me. Remember that they are people too.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sorry. Didn't mean to reply to Elector.

0 Likes
Not applicable

sprmankalel wrote:

Sorry. Didn't mean to reply to Elector.

What you don't like me any more

Personally this is not a customer service issue. Its a level 3 tech issue. The adding of voicemail to the account is a simple code added to the cellular account. Normally on getting service this feature is automatically added.

You then dial your own number from a landline is best. The voice mail system walks you through the setup process. Normally the last four digits of your cell number use to be the code to set up.

You select a new pass code, set up greetings etc.

From then on all is well in Verizon land.

However 15 days later and still not activated and they won't contact a level three tech. Very bad.

My brother in law owns a "customer service company" in Texas and he employs hundreds of these service helpers dealing with technology issues.

I like to treat people with courtesy until they show me that they are worthless when answering questions relating to goods and services.

There are good customer service people and lousy service people.

The later I wish I could pull them through the phone lines and kick some sense into them. Nothing hurts a company image more then hiring people that don't or will not perform their jobs.

Verizon is a prime example. Their service use to be excellent. Now its closer to the bottom. A real pity.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Of course I like you still. LoL!!

I totally get the OP's frustration. Like when I switched my stepmom from an Android to an iPhone the system got stuck and wouldn't let them add the code for the VM to her line. This is why I suggested that OP secure a different type of smartphone and add it then set up VM then switch back to the iPhone. It's something that can be tried that only takes 10 minutes to do. Although, it isn't up to us as the users to fix the problems, this really could be a solution. Sometimes we have to be a little more proactive ourselves. I know it's inconvenient for the OP to constantly follow up with VZW but when I had an issue with Comcast, I continually called until it was fixed. Me, I am not the type of person to just wait for it. I would be up their tookuses (sp?) until it was fixed. Call me crazy. I like holding on the phone until they hang up on me and I have to call back. Maybe because I am in CS and I know that I would bend over backwards for a customer who is nice and patient while I attempt to solve the issue.

I have also never had an issue with VZW CS. They've never been rude to me. Maybe it's because I don't get that way with them. I don't know. I feel for the OP and agree that this should not have been an ongoing issue.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I;m sorry you haven't received any status for your issue Soxo666. We want your phone to work at 100%. Did the representative file a trouble ticket for the issue?

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

I might try the iphone to android to iphone.  Nothing else has worked.  I spent a couple hours at the Verizon store yesterday and all they came up with was that I should just use a third-party app for voicemail.  And KinquanaH_VZW, please don't waste my time.  As you can see from the thread, more than one of your peers have said the same thing and did nothing.

0 Likes
Not applicable

That is a totally worthless reply from the store. Your service includes voicemail. Why would you be expected to get a outside app to handle it? Absolutely crazy.

I don't know if you looked at your My Verizon Web Portal account features, but I believe you can toggle voicemail on and off in the features section. It has been awhile since I went and looked.

The other issue is why the techs at Verizon just can not remove voicemail and then reactivate it is totally beyond me.

Another question is I have recently read that prepay customers don't have voicemail. Maybe the code on your account is incorrect. I am assuming that you are a post pay account. However if the account is coded incorrectly that may also be the issue.

I hope that phone swapping fixes the issue?

Good Luck

0 Likes
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

16 Days, no voicemail.  No hint of tech support.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Soxo666 wrote:

16 Days, no voicemail.  No hint of tech support.

Why are you still with Verizon? It must be clear to you in 16 days this issue is not going to be resolved.

Did you try that phone swap out as you mentioned in your other post?

You certainly are taking this issue very well. Bravo for your patience and resolve.

0 Likes