Re: Why won't Verizon Fix My Voicemail?
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have an iPhone 5 White 64gb.  I have no voice mail service.  I have spent hours on hold to just be hung up on or when I finally get through, support says I just need to wait.  I've waited 7 days and counting now.  The service does not show up, I cannot set it up and when someone calls me they just get a recorded message that I am not available.  And yes, I have tried all the suggested setups,  restarted the phone numerous times and gone to a Verizon store for help twice.  I get the same thing there.  Just sit and wait on hold.  I do not have voice mail service and it has never worked for me.

0 Likes
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

8 days and counting.  No Voicemail.  No reply.  No call back No help.  I'll bet Daniel Mead's voicemail works.

0 Likes
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

So, I called customer service again today and went through the same troubleshooting I have been through for 8 days.  Then I was told, of course, that I need to be transferred to tech support.  But I shouldn't worry, because the evil updates that have been happening for untold days were complete and I would be fixed easily.  I was also told that wait times for tech support are much improved now.  Well, after being on hold for 1 1/2 hours, the tech support person came on and told me that the evil updates were, in fact, still going on.  Additionally, she said the updates have ruined my 2nd new SIM card and I will need to buy a 3rd one, but only after the evil updates are done.  But of course, she has no idea when they will be done.  I have this vision of the Verizon call center staffed by rows of people with huge Pinocchio noses from lying to customers all day.  State Public Service Commissions need to step in and end the Verizon madness.

0 Likes
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

Why won’t you fix my voicemail?

0 Likes
Not applicable
0 Likes
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don't have a problem setting it up.  Verizon does not have voicemail programmed on my account.

0 Likes
Not applicable

This I cannot understand. It is a simple matter for tech support to activate your voice mail in their switch.

Years ago it took just a few minutes. I cannot fathom what the problem is. Maybe if they delete your line and readd it back may clear it up to get it on your line?

What a hassle.

Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

So here we are at day 9 and can you believe it, I still have no voicemail.  I got a call last night from a Verizon representative in Phoenix who said she would check into my problem and call me back.  Foolish me.  I thought Verizon was finally going to fix it.  But no, she was just another Pinocchio who called to lie to me and do nothing.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Or maybe you could just try logging into your account and selecting Change Features on the left side. Then you can scroll down to Voicemail and add the voicemail that you need. What phone did you have before the iPhone? Do you have a non-iPhone device that's not attached to an active MTN? When I gave my stepmother an iPhone I did have an issue with setting up her voicemail. She had an Android phone prior to the iPhone. What solved that issue was activating the non-iPhone and then setting up the VM and then reactivating the iPhone. This, at this juncture, may be the fix. As I remember it I did call and request for them to add the VM but it didn't stick. It sounds like a pain in the rear but activating an non-iPhone, setting up VM and then reactivating the iPhone.

0 Likes
Soxo666
Enthusiast - Level 3

Tried changing features many times.  System won't allow it.  It's a new account, so there wasn't any phone before the iPhone.  Don't have any extra phones to try activating.  If that's the fix it's funny they didn't try that at the two Verizon stores I went to.

0 Likes