Why must we pay for damages we hadn't caused?
FixedInc_Consumer

it is immensely difficult & highly improbable to sustain an account with Verizon Wireless when you've been a loyal customer.

Throughout the duration of the contract, my wife has encountered several instances of a malfunctioning CLNR or refurbished device as a replacement.

Each device has either Not kept a charge or rebooted consistently. Paying TEC, TP, etc ... for a device, while also paying a deductible is absolutely arbitrary.

How would you proclaim a deductible (according to Customer Service Agents) as a discount, while the device isn't new .. it's USED, period,

During a recent device replacement for both MDNs, 1 of the devices hadn't past inspection, as a supposed cracked screen (we've seen the image) had been discovered. the only image depicting this crack had been taken, while out of the box. Now, we're owing a $299 damaged device fee, when absolute NO damage had been obtained when droppin' off the shipment to UPS, 02.19.16. We had discussed a considerable investigation & have submitted a claim with UPS, of whom has begun it's own investigation. Yet, according a an agent, 04.03.16, the device charge is valid & only a deductible charge of $149 will be accepted.

This is Not a negotiation, as (we) the customers remain @ fault, accepting charges for the damages

It is an outrage & a dang shame, that Verizon, would've not created a policy to return damaged devices by to consumers, offering repair services or either further alternative options. the device is (unfairly) under contract, regardless, sustaining fault, bein' liable for monthly access fees. & the device isn't functional.

As so, my wife & i have continually received poor Customer Service in our attempt to sustain the account. She has contemplated the cancellation of service from Verizon despite the ETF. She is the Account Owner

As of May, 2016. the account shall be closed. We'd hate to cancel our service from the largest, most reliable network, yet we can Not afford to continue,

when Verizon will continues the blame, not even considering the place the fee on hold, pending the ups investigation

A complaint has been filed with the Better Business Bureau; as well, the Attorney General, will be contacted following this posting

Please be advised, it doesn't cost but only $20 (@ the lowest) to repair a broken/cracked screen.

Had this been so, by fault of ours, we would've purchased the 4star kit, via Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Screen-Digitizer-Motorola-XT1080-Replacement/dp/B00KR79AZM?ie=UTF8&refRID=F0K4...

& Verizon charges $299 for a fee when it's only goin' back into circulation, as refurbished device?

this is what i Will inform to the Attorney General.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why must we pay for damages we hadn't caused?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are unhappy to see the situation that you described. We appreciate having you with us. You provided some very good details. Filing the damage claim with the shipper is the correct way to go. I want you to know that it's no strike against you in terms of the device. All the warehouse knows is the device is damaged. Damaged devices are assessed the fee. We don't manufacture the devices but we will handle the warranty on behalf of the manufacturer. For repair options, that is an option that some manufacturers offer. Motorola is an example of one of those companies. We could take a look at your account and see if there are some savings out there for you to lower costs. We are here to help.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FixedInc_Consumer

And exactly *How *do you propose, lowering $299? the account has been

processed as paid, minus the fee; the account *is *current

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to do all that we can to assist in this unique situation FixedIncConsumer. After all, no one wants to pay for something that they didn't do. While the $299 fee can't be lowered, may the shipping company may be able to reimburse you. Did you have a chance to file a claim with the shipping company? If so then what's the status?

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FixedInc_Consumer

im currently awaiting a response from ups

Sean

On Apr 6, 2016 12:43 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
FixedInc_Consumer

A complaint has been filed with the BBB (Better Business Bureau) as well,

the Division of Consumer Protection

On Wed, Apr 6, 2016 at 12:43 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly any carrier and this happens you'll get the same results.

pherson
Champion - Level 1

Exactly

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

The charges are valid too. A cracked screen is a cracked screen and voids the warranty. Perhaps next time you can take the phone someplace cheaper to have it fixed. Keep in mind 3rd party fixes from where it stands now also voids the warranty.

0 Likes
FixedInc_Consumer

*Again *... the screen was *NOT *cracked when my wife & i had packaged &

dropped it off @ UPS

0 Likes