Why isn't my device showing up in the database?
HEIGRA39

My daughter bought an unlocked iPhone 5s and I would like to add it onto our plan however, we receive the following message: "The phone associated with the Device ID you entered is not compatible with the Verizon Wireless network." I understand this means the phone is not in Verizon's database. How do we get the phone into the database? What are the steps to activate her phone on our account? Do we need to first get a new Verizon Sim? Thanks much in advance!

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iPhone5S-Bring your own phone-IMEI not in data base
Weth
Legend

What you need to do is this:

Activate a known Verizon phone with her new number - you could do this with your phone or an another Verizon phone with the same size SIM as the 5S and a new SIM card from Verizon.

Then after your phone is on her number, you take the SIM out, put it in the her 5S, and put your original SIM back in your phone.

Now everyone has the correct number.

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Was it an unlocked model from Apple or another vendor? Have you tried activating it with a previously activated SIM card?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HEIGRA39

Thanks! It was not purchased directly from Apple. It was from another vendor. Can I just take the active SIM from my 5s and put it in her 5s to test the new phone?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yes. Another vendor? Hopefully the device wasn't previously used on another carrier and is still locked to that carrier.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
HEIGRA39

OK, so I put my SIM in the new phone and it worked fine. Made a call on the Verizon network etc. What do I do now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HEIGRA39, this is awesome to hear as we always want you to have a working phone. Are the other functions of the device working? What exactly do you mean by ‘what now’? Are you experiencing any issues?

NatashaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

HEIGRA39

Thanks! My question is, how do I get my daughter's phone onto my plan? The BYOD IMEI checker does not recognize the phone's IMEI as it is not in you database. We have verified (with my own SIM in her phone) that the device will work on the Verizon network Do I just need to order a SIM and then activate it on the phone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

HEIGRA39, just make sure we touch every base before putting a point on the score board, when the SIM was in the device, was wifi turned off on the iPhone 5s? We just don’t want to set up a new number if it can’t connect to our LTE service.

DavidH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
HEIGRA39

Thanks, Yes. Wifi was off. We were on the network.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

What you need to do is this:

Activate a known Verizon phone with her new number - you could do this with your phone or an another Verizon phone with the same size SIM as the 5S and a new SIM card from Verizon.

Then after your phone is on her number, you take the SIM out, put it in the her 5S, and put your original SIM back in your phone.

Now everyone has the correct number.