Why is there still no coverage in major portions of West Viirginia
mikehhhh
Enthusiast - Level 1

When I go on vacation in West Virginia, it seems like significant areas still don’t have verizon wireless coverage.  My iPhone 7 either goes to no service or switches to roaming and 1x network which it about useless.  It’s been like this for years, very frustrating.

Mike

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there still no coverage in major portions of West Viirginia
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want our customers to have service where they need it the most. We are here to help you.

Please be aware that much of West Virginia has less coverage due to the terrain, as well as a portion of the National Radio Quiet Zone being in that state.

What zip code are you located at where you are having this issue at?

Steven_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
mikehhhh
Enthusiast - Level 1

26855 zip code, but generally in the area around Seneca Rocks, Cabins, and Petersburg, WV its always roaming and 1X.

I‘m pretty sure It’s outside of the radio free zone for the radio telescopes.

boringusername
Master - Level 1

W Virginia is always going to be a hard place to cover for any carrier. It's very mountainous. And not very populated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details we want to provide you with the correct information regarding our service, it shows that inthose areas the signal is limited. While our engineers regularly evaluate network coverage and performance to identify locations that may require additional coverage, cell site construction and Verizon Wireless' specific network expansion plans, locations, and timetables are considered proprietary and confidential. As new towers are being set up you can review our map coverage on our website: https://www.verizonwireless.com/featured/better-matters/?map=4glte#maps

Paloma_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
tc1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

There are a lot of DC area folks who weekend out in Hardy and Grant counties in WV.  The lack of Verizon service has caused many of them to leave the carrier for other wireless options who do provide reliable data service in the area. 

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

@tc1973 wrote:

There are a lot of DC area folks who weekend out in Hardy and Grant counties in WV.  The lack of Verizon service has caused many of them to leave the carrier for other wireless options who do provide reliable data service in the area. 

When you choose to weekend in areas which are almost completely inside the NRQZ, you will likely have to look harder for a cellular provider which meets your needs as many probably do not have service in the area due to restrictions AND/OR terrain.

0 Likes
tc1973
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hardy and Grant counties are on the far fringes of the NRQZ, and 4G data service is available from both AT&T and Sprint.  Tired old excuses are tired and old.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes