Re: Poor signal in my new house
Mr_S

Actually I spoke to Verizon last night they have opened a network trouble ticket and they are sending someone out to analyze the signal in my area. We can close this thread.

0 Likes
Mitch_R
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon told me the exact same thing. Then, a couple of days later I received this email:  "I hope this email finds you well. I am reaching out to you regarding the ticket that I submitted for you yesterday via chat. Our network team has advised us that your home is located in a marginal coverage area which explains the impact to your signal strength. Our engineers stated that there are proposed building plans for your area but at current time, no estimated time for these plans are available. You may review the option of getting a network extender to improve your indoor coverage at www.vzw.com/networkextender ."

Maybe you'll have better luck, but I would assume you will get the same email.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

The problem with "proposed building plans", at least in my area, are that they have to be approved by local governmental zoning boards. Whenever a cellular tower is to be erected, the plans are available for public comment for at least a couple of months and EVERY "eco-friendly" person within a 20-30 mile radius will come to inform the town board how building that tower will cause havoc to the environment and beauty of the surrounding area. This process in and around where I live has sometimes gone on for years before towers were approved in certain areas, with some NEVER gaining approval. Whether or not the MAJORITY of people in an area are in favor of the new tower, it is quite often the outspoken few who will hold onto the ear of the deciding governmental body whether or not a tower actually gets built. Quite often, those few don't even live in the area affected.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yep. I just read an article today about some town denying At&t a new tower because it would be an "eyesore" and lower property values. I'm not how being 100% sure of excellent cell service is a BAD thing but whatever. These same people will probably still complain about bad signal from at&t and demand at&t do something about it. I'm not sure why people don't get you can't put a tower in the middle of nowhere miles away and expect good service.