Why is there a $30 upgrade fee?
runninl8

I'll tell you why!  Because if I pay Verizon $30 ($60 since I'm upgrading for my son and daughter), they will LET me pay them a monthly fee for 2 more years!  They are soooo thoughtful!  WOW!!!

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is there a $30 upgrade fee?
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

It's nothing new and also it's not just you that have to pay the 30.00 fee

0 Likes
BadaFrigginBing
Enthusiast - Level 2

s/he never claimed to be the only one that has to pay it. and it IS new. they used to give you the "new every 2" now its wait 2 years to pay us 30 bucks.

<< Post edit for profanity. >>

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

30.00 fee has been out for some time now, and he/she and as well as yourself seem as if Verizon is targeting just you. Just making a point that a company can change anything at anytime, if you feel they will waive something for you (one out of 93M) your mistaken.

0 Likes
hazegurlie
Enthusiast - Level 3

Paying $30 for an upgrade and not having to pay full price for the phone sounds like a wonderful option.

0 Likes
2cool4school
Contributor - Level 1

This fee is in place to help keep the subsidized pricing as low as it is. It also allows verizon to update their resources to be able to help you out when that phone you bought at full retail price breaks...oh wait, you didn't pay a full retail price you still got a ton of money discounted off. Even with an extra $30 dollars your still getting a great deal on a device. Would you rather pay ATT or Sprint $36 dollars?

BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Hey "team leaders" and " associates"..

This one is for the suggestion box in Basking Ridge Tuesday's Customer Services' .."customer retention" meeting.

Just put the fee inside the monthly cost for 30 months at 1 dollar a month.

AND advertise it that way.

Mom ALWAYS said honesty was the best..

0 Likes