Re: Why is the signal in my house suddenly getting worse?
stylininsmd
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here I. MY AREA... 20 MIN OUSIDE OF DC AND NO SIGNAL!  A TOWER 3/4 MILES FROM ME AND I USE A TOWER IN ANOTHER STATE...  2020 UNEXCUSABLE!

0 Likes
Musegirl76
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine is the same and started 2 years ago. I thought it was switching from S6 edge+ to S9+. NO MATTER what I do, clean memory, clear caches, turn off/on, turn mobile data off/on etc... nothing works. Literally, phone service went from nearly always excellent to to always terrible and what can only be described as 2g/3g and with full to zero LTE bars. I switched to the most expensive plan and no change. This type of thing seems to ALWAYS happen right about the time Verizon wants me to change something.... for example, in the past, service would slow for months if I didn't upgrade my phone at the time I was eligible to etc. Now, I don't have a 5G phone and most likely they've been readying the 'switch' for the amount of time my service has been below  acceptable. I just don't think it's ever a coincidence. What once was incredibly reliable has in 2 years turned into the Sprint my Dad has in 45013 which is akin to & worse than dial-up back in the day. If you guys need to put a tower in this area, I have enough hilly land for rent. I am going to probably go back to plain cheaper unlimited. No reason to pay for pages and apps that won't load.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Musegirl76, having the signal I need to use the service is imperative. I apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you and will be more than happy to assist. Please share with me what city and cross streets are you having this experience? Also, confirm for me does this only happens indoors?

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes
sarita13hk

Same.  I've never had dropped calls and now my husband's phone and my phone drops calls, lacks service, and doesn't work even when resetting network settings and enabling wifi.  Our house has never had issues.  Zip code is 14450.  It's extremely frustrating as now we are working from home more frequently and rely heavily on these devices.  Our phones are 10 months old and we have great internet connection/speed.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you are having issues with your service, sarita13hk. I know how important it is to have reliable service, especially for work. Let's look into the options to improve this problem. What is the make and model of your device?

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
jonnyqwest45

Same here. I've lived here for decades. Been with Verizon for decades.
First they tell me it's my phone, ignoring that it's a Galaxy S9+ that gets great coverage in urban areas. Also ignoring that my Wife's phone has the same issue. We had great service here, then it dropped to almost unusable. Called tech support, their suggestion was I buy a signal booster for $$$ from them. I am literally 1 mile from the tower. If I get on my roof I can see the tower. One tech told me (and this is the likeliest scenario, IMHO) they are slowly upgrading the towers for 5G, at the cost of lower 4G coverage. AT&T/Sprint is looking better and better.

I'm sure it's not the phone, unless you want to believe my wife's phone, mine and the neighbors phones all suddenly developed "antennae issues with that particular phone" as one tech told me.
Not cool, Verizon. This has me in the same frame of mind as when you eliminated unlimited data. That's when I left you the first time. This is looking like the second and final time.

No new construction... 1 mile from tower. 12803

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jonnyqwest45

This is definitely not the way we want you to feel about us. Keeping you connected is always our goal. That said, I'd like to help. Where are you located (zip code)? How is the service once you leave your home?

0 Likes
Lizdoomey

91331 better reception outside if my home.  Only one bar inside 3 bars on my driveway 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We always want to ensure your service is working the way it should Lizdoomey. Can you clarify what specific issue you are having with the service inside your home (calls, text, data)? Do you have WiFi or high speed Internet at home?

0 Likes
Debsdart

Same is happening to my elderly family friend.. this has been happening for months! she just got a brand new iPhone 6 and I was helping her set it up. Tried making calls, and it keeps dropping out. Same with my phone inside her house, and a short distance around it. She rents a small garage apt. And does not have WiFi. We are in Los Angeles! This should not be happening! Zip code 91406

0 Likes