Why is the LTE, 3G, and even 1x service in my neighborhood (where I work) still so poor after 15 years?
versatec95

Poor connection is experienced by all Verizon Wireless customers in this section of the Stanford Research Park, regardless of device or whether using it indoors or outdoors. One bar (dot) of signal strength with 1x service is typical performance, which doesn't support data transfer and barely hangs on to calls. Conversely, AT&T Wireless' signal strength is always robust at four to five bars indoors, and thus my employer contracted with them years ago. The zip code here is 94304-1212. The installation & support of a VZW repeater on our company network to resolve trouble with 'personal use devices' is not an option as the corporate IT policy prohibits that. Please explain why the VZW signal is so weak in this specific location.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is the LTE, 3G, and even 1x service in my neighborhood (where I work) still so poor after 15 years?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@versatec95 We want our customers to have reliable coverage everywhere. Let's get your signal boosted. What type of cell phone do you have? Do you have trouble otherplaces as well? How often does your phone go into 1x?

AdrienneP_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why is the LTE, 3G, and even 1x service in my neighborhood (where I work) still so poor after 15 years?
mama23dogs
Legend

The why should become moot at some point if it's been years.  Why hasnt everyone looked into a new carrier?

IF other carriers have the same problem, then it is a geographical dead zone and some can't be avoided.

0 Likes
versatec95

>> What type of cell phone do you have?

Apple iPhone 5S

>> Do you have trouble other places as well?

No.

>> How often does your phone go into 1x?

Always when I am in the location described above (it's giving 1 dot and 1x right now).

0 Likes