Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure you can rely on your service, Firefighter1737. Please tell us more about what's going on with your service. What are the cross streets and city where you're located? Is anyone else in your area experiencing the same issues?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
sandralou1061

I live in Broussard and am losing all my bars too all of a sudden. They have made a ticket too and in 24 hours I will have a answer. They tried to say it was my new xr iPhone but test proved them wrong, hopefully they will fix ours too. My husband and I are heart patients 

0 Likes
Brustertoo
Enthusiast - Level 1

lol So basically pay VERIZON to use your cable WIFI that you also pay for??  Wow, what a solution Verizon gave you there.  Big help huh?  Unbelievable 

awipro1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue at my workplace in Cleveland, OH. I never had any issue with signal at my desk, and since Monday myself and all the other people who have Verizon have absolutely no signal inside the building unless you are next to a window. Seeing that a lot of people have had similar issues in other areas recently is making me consider switching services. One of the main reasons I have verizon is their great coverage. I hope they start doing somehting about it...

Eroksta
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m just south of Pgh., PA, zip code 15102. I travel alot for work and use my phone for work heavily. Over the past 15 years, I know where my calls drop, the same places every time. I take the same routes over a 300 mile radius so I know where the signal is good and where it isn’t. 

I also have had the latest iphone since March so I’m positive it’s not my settings, device or user error. 

About a week and a half ago, my coverage went to garbage. No bars, 1x, 3G if I’m lucky. I waited a few days to see if the network would clear up. I realize everyone’s rolling out 5G and figured they may have had to weaken the 4G LTE signal to modify existing towers. 

Unfortunately, it’s not getting better. I tried finding a phone number to talk to a real tech but no matter what I did, I kept getting driven back to the MyVerizon app. I had to use some support chat that cuts you off if your screen goes black so after 20 minutes on it and being cut off, I had to re-start a new chat. 

They distracted with apologies and feel-good comments that were obviously scripted because the 2nd tech said the same things verbatim. They finally committed to mail me a cell booster. While that’s great and fine, I need something to keep my signal when I’m walking or on the move. Am I supposed to carry a battery pack and booster everywhere?

I wish instead of the platitudes and band-aid responses, Verizon would tell their techs what the actual problem is and what they’re going to do to fix it. 

The truth will retain customers, not a booster or advice as to why I’m not using my phone correctly. This is insulting and makes people feel worse. 

If we can’t reach a decision maker, i.e., a manager or engineer with real fact, what’s the point of being a customer?

Awaiting the truth.

E

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your service concerns and you desire for a permanent solution to the service issues (No bars, 1x, 3G), Eroksta. You mention that you do not want further apologies, but I am truly sorry that you are experiencing these issues and that you were not able to contact a live representative when you called us. Please allow us the opportunity to assist you via Social Media.

I understand that you received a Network Extender, and while this is a great indoor solution it cannot improve your service experience on the move. We can only check coverage and troubleshoot specific locations. You shared ZIP code 15102, please provide the nearest intersection to the specific location where you experience service issues and we will take a closer look.

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are always working to improve our service and coverage, awipro1. Let's look into the issues you are experiencing. When did this start? How is your service outside of work? What service is affected (calls, text, data)? DoloresK_VZW

0 Likes
frauke1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem as all the other users. Obviously something changed so saying indoor service cannot be guranteed or implying that it has always been this way just grows the frustration with Verizon. Own that something changed and fix it. If the reason is to much traffic in the area (overnight) add more cell towers but it most likely is a software update and that can be fixed. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

frauke1, it's always our goal to provide you with the best possible service and we'll be sure to provide you with some answers here. Can you please provide an intersection and city of where you run into issues with your service? 

Verizon Wireless doesn't develop the software on any phone. We may include enhancements but not the kind that are easily going to fix any coverage issues. 

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Arunvijay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi team

i work in downtown hartford, Ct (06183) and  live in rocky hill (06067). verizon is having poorest network service there in both places. I have raised ticket but didnt get any response yet... my speed shows 0.2mbps eventhough i have "premium" data plan

Tags (1)
0 Likes