Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
amycramer
Enthusiast - Level 3

After 2 days of research I have figured out why we are all having so much problems. It is the same talk over at all the other big carriers.  They have sold us out to all the small carriers. Time to switch for sure.

https://smarttechtune.com/what-cell-phone-companies-use-verizon-towers/

0 Likes
marsgrafx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have noticed this same thing with all of my families phones and friends phones.. We used to have excelent service.. NOT ANY MORE... i used to get 4 bars at my house and most places.. Now i am getting 2 bars and many times go right to voice mail..  This is becoming a big issue and i think we all need to keep pressure on them and this thread! IF THEY DONT ADDRESS THIS ISSUE .. MY FAMILY WILL START LOOKING ELSE WHERE.. 

JFinTN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I don’t think the Verizon Service Reps are bothering with us in this thread anymore. I mean, how many times can they pop in, tell us they want us to have good service and ask for our zip code?

JFinTN
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Verizon boards (and others) are FILLED with similar threads. Their stock is languishing and I’d guess they’re putting all their proverbial eggs in the 5g basket at this point.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amycramer,

We're here to provide top-notch service, and it sounds like you're not getting that currently. Let's get things back in top-top shape for you. To begin, what specific issues are you having with your service (calls, data, etc.)? Are your concerns happening indoors or outdoors? Do your issues occur in other areas as well?

RyanC_VZW

0 Likes
indiga61
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been with Verizon for nearly 16 years and I will be leaving.  Suddenly, my reliable 4G service is nearly nonexistent at my office location.  I've done the customary troubleshooting, soft reset and replaced the SIM card, hoping to resolve.  It is not my device, which works fine elsewhere. 

My colleagues are now reporting the same issue.  It's now virtually a dead zone for those of us who are Verizon users, and other carriers work fine. I am not going to continue paying for what I can't use.

JFinTN
Enthusiast - Level 3

That's a good point. Why are we paying the same rates for inferior infrastructure as people who have reasonable service? Perhaps VZ should discount the rates for those of us stuck on rural, overcrowded, antiquated towers that provide service worse than dial up modems.

Tags (1)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

marsgrafx,

The last thing we want is to lose your business. I know how important reliable service is. We're always here to help with any issues. What are the zip code and nearest cross roads to where you're having this trouble? Do you have trouble making calls or only receiving them?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
lhaag

I have the ring doorbell.  I keep getting a message that I have very weak wi -fi connection. I purchased a new router thru Verizon and still-nothing changed. I have the ring for protection, but due to weak connections, it doesn't work half the time. What is going on? I live in Port Reading and don't understand why this is happening.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am disappointed to hear of your network experience at your office. Can you provide cross streets and the city of where this is happening? Is this issue only happening inside the office? Did anything change in the area when this issue started? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes