Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
Wigpat
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agree!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, Wigpat. We definitely want you to have reliable service, so I'm troubled to learn this hasn't been your experience. What is your city/state and the nearest intersection? What happens when you use your phone?

TracyB_VZW

0 Likes
JFinTN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has any VZW_Customer_Support person ever actually responded again after asking for more information? Every reply is a different rep asking the same 5 or 6 questions. Verizon, your customer service, and the declining cell service you provide, is incredibly frustrating.

spamoni4

Not that I can tell.  It may be a simple canned response.  I still have issues and no resolution.  the only information, which I added before, is that a VZW rep indicated this is potentially related to the roll out of 5G and non 5G phones being redirected to different towers, potentially further away than a closer one.  

0 Likes
Redtees
Enthusiast - Level 2

Had great signal strength for years. Have a tower right behind us.

Am in San Francisco. All of a sudden my signal strength is over 100 Dcb with 1 bar.

Found this thread. Guess I'm not the only one.

0 Likes
teesee824
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm paying Verizon for cell service but also  I'm having to pay hughesnet for wifi  so I'm essentially paying double and still not getting signal  I'm about ready to shut it all off go back to books and letters for communication 

0 Likes
mendesa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've had the same issue recently. Suddenly my service has gone down to 1 or two bars. Not sure what happened. The only thing that has changed for me is I went from having 5gb of data, to unlimited data. All my AT&T friends connections have been outperforming Verizon.

0 Likes
rayvin65
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not only have I had the exact same experience but I took it to the next level and bought a Verizon signal booster (over $200.00).  Now I'm having the SAME PROBLEM happen with the overpriced booster! While not as often it will drop my voice when talking on my cell.  VERY FRUSTRATING!!!  

0 Likes
JOSSIT38
Enthusiast - Level 2

Could it be that Verizon has been deliberately reducing the quality of their 3G and 4G service as a psychological ploy to convince everyone that we all need to be upgraded to 5G in order to obtain reliable service?    I think so.    The once 4 or 5 bar radio signal covering the whole Phoenix area has now dropped to just 1 or 2 bars.     The unresponsive behavior of the company speaks that they're up to something.   What else could it be.   The only time I notice strong signals is when I'm actually within sight of a tower.     I can just imagine it,. "How are we going to convince the population of our subscribers to pay for the 5G upgrade when their phones are already perfectly fine?     We'll gradually spoil our signal absolutely everywhere. The public is so ignorant that they'll be easily tricked into going to the superfluous 5G. Ahhhhh. Never breath a word about the scam.".  Yep. That's the likely reason. In my opinion.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello teesee824! We know it's vital to have a great connection, and we're glad to help. Please tell us more. What issues are you having with the service? Is it only indoors? What your zip code? 

AaronS_VZW

0 Likes