Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
ajw0527
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am recently also facing the very same issue.  All of a sudden, my signal while I'm at home rarely goes over two bars when it used to always be full strength. 

Jg15011
Enthusiast - Level 2

If you call customer service they will prob tell you it is the trees like they told me. Their service and troubleshooting process both are blah. ATT doesn't have problems with service at my house. Surprisingly enough their is a store about a mile from my place and they don't even have good service in the outdoor shopping center they are selling the phones in. But of course these are things that you don't know until you switch to Verizon 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service at all times is a must nowadays, ajw0527. Help is here, and we want to take a closer look at this matter to determine what is going on with your signal. Please provide us with more details to be on the same page, did anything change with your device and/or surroundings before the signal issue started? Are you aware if other Verizon customers in the area are experiencing similar problems?

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Sidthakyd

I moved into a house with two gigantic wide & tall evergreens blocking just about the entire front side of my home... and have been experiencing the low lte bars  / slowness .... I'm gonna assume the trees would be why ? Lol. Is there anything I can do to improve service at home if so ,?

0 Likes
kattfur

Message after message with the same negativity....and well deserved by Verizon

Here in Ilion NY not far from a cell tower , its the same story - 3G and almost NO speed

Many phone calls resolved it to this point about our Mifi - its not right they said

20 acres of land and NOWHERE on it gets us anything close to a connection

Verizon actually told us if we do not like it, leave

This after buying a NEW MIFi after we were told it might help

It did NOT

Its amzing they care s little about their customers

Sad

0 Likes
Pbassham
Enthusiast - Level 1

Ha!  You have him a very corporate answer! In other words you didn't answer anything, you basically told him to bend over!  You act like it's our fault but I guarantee your swarmy sales people did bother emphasizing that Verizon"doesn't guarantee service indoors", and YES, that should be emphasized! What kind of person buys a dang cell phone to use only outdoors?! If the problem did not exist before then it is YOUR problem.  We buy a product based on our ability to use it.  I throw out food that goes bad and if it goes bad repeatedly, do you know what I'd do?  Stop Buying It!  I am through being price gouged by Verizon! We pay $300 a month for our unlimited everything on 3 phones and an iPad.  Guess what unlimited Nothing still terrible!  I am willing to bet that if we all upgraded to their new iPhone 12 things would probably start working or let them sell us some new service concentrator for only $20 a month more with a two year new contract blah blah blah! heck, my neighbor has an iphone7 and straight talk and her service is better.  I guess I'm going to go Stand OutSide In the Pouring Rain and 35 Degree and see about just CANCELLING Veerizon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pbassham, we certainly want you to get the working service you deserve and pay for. Standing in the rain is not ideal of course. Buying a new iPhone isn't going to change anything here and we want to focus on realistic solutions for you.

Do you currently have Wi-Fi at your home location? What make and model phone do you have?

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
MaestraKPG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem.  Also internet strength reduced.  What is Verizon up to?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MaestraKPG, we always want to ensure that you have reliable service, and are sorry to hear that your data speeds have been reduced. We always want to make sure that we help ensure you receive the best available service. Are calls and texts also impacted? When did this service issue begin? Also, could you please confirm your zip code?

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes
Daniel7230
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've been going back and forth with customer service for LITERALLY 3 months with the same issue.

Moved into a new apartment in July 2018 and had full bars of LTE all the time, speeds over 100 mbps. Come one day in October 2018 and I'm suddenly down to a 1-2 bars tops with ridiculously slow speeds, less than 10 mbps, and constantly dropping to 3G. In addition, all family and friends who have visited report the same issues on their Verizon phones, so clearly it's a bigger issue than just my device. Every time I contact customer care, all they can provide is the same generic answers (rely on your wifi for everything even though you're paying verizon in the first place, reset your data settings, upgrade to a new plan that doesn't prioritize data, blah blah blah). Obviously none of these are the solution because again, multiple people besides me who have varying data plans are having the same issue only at this location. 3 months later and I'm just sitting around waiting to finish paying off this phone to get off this garbage network that doesn't care enough about its customers to investigate the issue and get it resolved. I don't understand how something like this can even happen, but it's made my choice to leave the network once my phone is paid off incredibly simple. Way to go, Verizon.