Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

A network disruption was detected within Orlando, FL area at 12/4/2019 12:15 Eastern affecting Data, Voice and Text services for some customers.We're working to resolve the issue, which could take up to 12 hours. If you're able to connect to a secure WiFi source, we recommend you enable WiFi calling. For support information, please visit https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/ . BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes
Kincaid6876
Enthusiast - Level 1

Here's my story. I had Verizon when I moved to my current location. I was a loyal customer. Until I was not receiving or dropping calls at my new house. I decided to drop Verizon and get on my husband's AT&T plan. We both got new phones and our service with AT&T was worse! We got through most of our contact before cancelling. We went back to Verizon and had amazing reception. (Still at the same house) Now that we have only one phone to pay off and have had their service for over a year, the reception terrible again. I'm willing to bet if we went to a different provider for awhile and went back to Verizon, this would happen again. The garbage excuses they are giving are lame. There's no reason reception should change like that. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to know you are experiencing issues with your service, and we want to make sure you get the help you need. What services are affected this time? Is this happening with all phones in your account?

PamD_VZW

0 Likes
Neghilem
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have the exact same issue here in northeastern Pennsylvania. I know for a fact that Verizon is implementing changes to 5G at a tower 2 miles from my house. In the meantime, our service deteriorates daily. Verizon won't admit this is why we have such poor connectivity and refuses to make restitution for days when the service we pay for is unavailable. Man up Verizon!

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Neghilem, we always want you to have a strong and reliable connection when using your services. It's troubling to learn of the issues you have been with your calls dropping. Are you running into any issues with your text messages or data? What kind of device are you using, and is your HD Voice feature enabled? It is recommended to use Wi-Fi Calling while inside.       EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
Jg15011
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon May not throttle but it doesn't ever  work so.... that to me is worse. I pay so much more for Verizon than I did at ATT and now my service is so bad I cannot even talk to my family that lives out of state. This is literally the worst service ever. My cousin that has Sprint gets better service!!!!!!!

Jg15011
Enthusiast - Level 2

My cousin with sprint gets better service! Verizon is aweful. I live in East Orlando and work in DT Orlando and I cannot get more than 1 or 2 bars! 

Dadof10kids

Not guaranteed indoors ? Too funny to fall back onto contract terms customer service agent. 
How about change the map that is spray onto every commercial saying best this and that but follow up and say only outdoors. 

Smyrna, TN where Nissan manufactures automobiles for North America has poor service. 1 mile from the factory you will drop calls even outdoors well not so if inside your vehicle counts. I need to crack the window before I can complain. 

Verizon has slowed service for all 3G and 4G device per the Verizon tower tech I talked with today. He did not want to disclose why but users are not stupid. We know our device as we live on them for business and personal. 

Wished there was a better option for us all to have just to get a simple call and not drop it. Indoors or outdoors. 

0 Likes
ln4182
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have the exact same issue. 61764 zip code. Worked fine until 2 weeks ago. Weirdly, seemed to be at the same time we switched to the unlimited data plan. Are they limiting our coverage if we are unlimited data? Because that would be terribly wrong. We've never had issues with data usage in our home until 2 weeks ago. Nothing has changed other than switching to the unlimited plan. Extremely frustrating and no way am I going to deal with an hour long robocall. We will be switching providers if Verizon doesnt work this out immediately.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It is never good to hear you are having trouble with service, In4182. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. What Unlimited plan did you switch to? Does this only happen at your house? Is it indoors or outdoors?

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes