Re: Why is my cell tower signal strength so weak now?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are concerned to hear that your signal is not what it used to be. We understand the importance of getting this corrected, and we will be glad to help! We want to run a speed test with your device to see what exact speeds you are getting at the moment. When you have a chance, please click on the following link, and select Run Speed Test. Then please share your results with us to further troubleshoot the issue with your service. We will be standing by waiting for your results: http://spr.ly/660411EQQ

0 Likes
NEILMCK1701
Enthusiast - Level 1

So you are telling us your business has grown so much over the years you cannot build your network adequately?  I cannot believe that all these complaints are from one geographic location.  This leaves me to believe that either you are not building your network correctly, or you don't care about your customers.  I have gone from having full bars in 4G LTE to having 1-2 bars in 3G or no identification at all.  It's great we have unlimited Talk, Text, and Data, but Unlimited nothing.....is still nothing.  The bottom line is Verizon NEEDS to fix THEIR network, or at a minimum do site survey to identify what is causing the issue.  The constant, it could be anything and not our fault is a bogus answer.

MrDoodah
Enthusiast - Level 1

20+ years and the same experience.

Call Verizon and tell them you want to "terminate" your service. You always get a nice, but not terribly helpful, human being. Always polite but the most you will get is they will "submit a ticket" They will offer a WiFi extender that doesnt do garbage if you happen to live in a rural setting where you have to use MiFi for internet service (that depends on a decent signal to function) The latest was "we've had others in your area with the same complaint". Sooo, why hasn't it been fixed by now? Verizon has become too comfortable and obviously could care less as long as thier monthly bill is getting paid.

Jaybizzle10
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. I paid more for Verizon because their signal was better. Now I get no signal in the same areas. From what I'm reading in the comments here, I assume Verizon fell off and it's time for me to switch to Tmobile for less money and better coverage. I went through the cell tower story issue with Sprint many years ago and now Verizon is singing the same tune. When companies make improvements,  it's supposed to be better for the customers,  not worse. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your time with us is outstanding, MrDoodah. Sorry to hear about the issues with your service and customer service help that while friendly, hasn't resolved your concerns. It's vital that we get to the bottom of this together. What's the nearest cross streets and zip code of your current location? Are you having issues inside, outside or both? You mentioned issues with mobile data but what about calling and texting?

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes
CorkyBurke
Enthusiast - Level 1

The best explanation I've been able to find is that Verizon is getting rid of their CDMA signal, and going to a GSM signal like AT&T and T-Mobile. They claim it's to make the phones more accessible worldwide, but I just want a better signal at home. I've paid a premium price with Verizon for years because of the better reliability of the CDMA signal indoors and away from major metropolitan areas, but I'll be switching to a cheaper carrier because Verizon no longer offers anything to justify the higher prices.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

The last thing we want is to lose you as a customer, Jaybizzle10. I'm sorry you are having issues with your service. I know how important it is to have a working phone. Let's look into this further and get additional information. When did you start experiencing problems with your service? Are you having issues with calls, data or text messages? Also, please provide me with the intersection and city where you are experiencing these problems.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It saddens us to see that you are thinking of leaving the Verizon Family, CorkyBurke. We appreciate your loyalty to us and we don’t want to see you go. Getting the best plan value for your usage and budget needs is key. Let's work together to turn those feelings around for you. What exact issues are you experiencing with our service? May we have the zip code and nearest intersection (cross streets) where you are having these concerns? 

TakendraW_VZW

0 Likes
musashi27
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are suddenly experiencing the same terrible signal strength in place that we have been using our phones for years such as at work and at home. Sometimes driving around in areas where we used to recieve great signal strength, the signal is now extremely week.

What is going on Verizon??? I have been with you guys from since the 90's. I even convinced my wife to leave AT&T because Verizon's signal was sooo much better. I live in Florida (Miami Gardens), and my signal was great during one of the Hurricanes that affected us year in the last 5 years.

Now the signal on both our phones have degraded soo badly. And it's not the phones. I use a Galaxy S7 and she uses an iPhone 10 and we have the same problem.

Com'on guys, what's going on??? Fix the issue or you are also going to lose 2 more customers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Musashi27, losing you as part of the VZW Family is the last thing that we want to happen. We value you and your wife's long term relationship with us. We certainly want to look closer into this matter for you. First, can you tell me if you have run a Speedtest on your devices at www.speedtest.net? Can you please take the test on the two devices and provide a reading to us.

Also, can you tell me the exact zip code you are located in and the main cross streets?

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes