Re: Why is my 4G LTE speed so slow?? 1.07Mbps download and 0.09Mbps upload - that is completely ridiculous. What is going on with your network in Minneapolis?
sgx
Enthusiast - Level 1

In fact the airport situation is worse than you realize. I was sitting in the terminal where there happened to be 3 747's boarding. They hold just a tad under 400 passengers each. If you consider all the other terminals and all the people nearby, I'm betting the bandwidth is shared among thousands, maybe even tens of thousands in an area like this.

My point isn't invalided by this fact. The extremely (if even nonexistent) usable network speed is a recent event. Up until a month or two ago, I would always choose to use my Verizon 4G devices (I have 3 of them) over the airport WiFi because I could always count on it to get my work done when the airport WiFi is almost always a joke. I spend more time trying to connect to it than actually working.

Since first adopting 4G, I've always had good experience with it. Even in clustered areas like airports, I could always get all my e-mails out, receive all of the attachments, etc. within just a few minutes. In the past two months, I've hit 5 major airports: ATL, DFW, LAX, MSP and IAD. The story is similar in all of them. 1/10th of what I could get just 2 months ago in a speedtest result.

If you couple this information with the other complaints seen on the community forums here and other places, it points to a more systematic problem than *my* understanding of how wireless technology works.

In the end, I pay a lot of money to Verizon, probably more than most especially with monthly global roaming charges. I want what I previously had -- reliable service -- not a know-it-all wireless technology explanation.

Re: Why is my 4G LTE speed so slow?? 1.07Mbps download and 0.09Mbps upload - that is completely ridiculous. What is going on with your network in Minneapolis?
daniel45

I'm having the same problems and don't see any resolutions in any of the posts about this issue.

I'm in zip codes 19146 and 19104 and I'm seeing download speeds of 0.74 -- 3.2 mbps and upload speeds of 1.13 -- 2.4

I'm on an iphone 6s and using Ookla speedtest.

0 Likes
A_leigh_S

I am having the same issue at the new place I am renting. Absolutely the worst network speeds and performance I have ever had in years! My signal is never over 2 bars and at somewhat rare times it will switch over to 3g. My speeds range from 0.3mbps which I am getting currently to 4-5mbps. These speed results fluctuate like crazy because my phone can barely even realize my location which I am sure is screwing with the network speed and connection like crazy. I live in Northern Minneapolis (55412) not far from the edge of Brooklyn Center. I have run speed tests many times, but never have I had the phone struggle to track my location inside and outside, and be provided such consistently terrible speeds. When speed testing I have often had it say the closest location to test is in whole other states!

I can go less than a mile from my house in any direction and my signal is full 4g with typical high speeds. How can my neighborhood be such a dead zone? How come my phone cannot even track my location here?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Blazing fast speed is what you deserve, A_leigh_S. Let's bring your speeds up to par. How long has it been this way? Are voice and text also impacted?

LynnD_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes