Why is it taking more than six weeks to receive my money from the promotion after switching from another carrier to Verizon?
Anon27

I switched to Verizon from another major carrier over one month ago.  I was told that I'd receive up to $650 back from trading in my phone within six weeks to cover the early termination fee with other carrier.  It's been nearly six weeks and no resolution.  If no payment within a week to previous carrier, the bill will be sent to collections. 

Are customers expected to pay the early termination fee first?  If so, it doesn't even make sense to switch to a different carrier to offset the early termination fee.  Not sure what to do. Called customer support and was basically just told to "sit and wait". I really don't want to add any negatives to my credit report.

Please advise!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is it taking more than six weeks to receive my money from the promotion after switching from another carrier to Verizon?
Weth
Legend

Since bills are monthly, and Verizon told you it would take 6 weeks, that indicates right there they expect you to pay the old bill and then get the reimbursement from Verizon. Waiting 6 weeks will always result in a late bill, and Verizon pays you, not the old provider.

0 Likes
Re: Why is it taking more than six weeks to receive my money from the promotion after switching from another carrier to Verizon?
pherson
Champion - Level 1

YYou are expected to pay your bills according to arrangement, on time and you get reimbursed.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

It can take 6-8 weeks after proper submission. And yes, you're expected to pay your former carrier the amount you owe to avoid collections. It makes sense because you are going to be reimbursed. If you want to avoid any negative reporting on your credit it's best that you go ahead and make the payment owed. It shouldn't be long before you get the money back.

0 Likes
MLRGRL4

We are going on 6 months of not receiving ours.  We keep getting told we haven't submitted all the paperwork and we have numerous times.  We pretty much get the run around.  Definitely would NOT have switched if I had known what a headache it was going to be.  We have paperwork that never said anything about paying off the other first.  There is no * anywhere adding more info.  We were never told that.  I have read through all the info and that is not said anywhere.  I also tried to pay over what was owed to Verizon one month to pay ahead on the phones and was told that I could not submit a payment for more than the amount due.  I guess we fell for it hook, line, and sinker.  We should've stayed with AT & T.  We had issues with Verizon before.  Others had told me it was better and I was hoping for the best.  No such luck.  HUGE REGRETS and if we could get out of this contract, we would.

0 Likes
GLoOlGKey
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have an iPhone and my sister has Virgin carrier her phone is $37/month unlimited everything (!!!) So I have to pay V $600+ to own my own iPhone or upgrade for $250+ and start all over again if I want new HW. After reading your story this sucks because I want out too. It's not worth having when they're not helping their customers save money. Nothing good or very bad lasts very long.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Responding to a 2 year old post? Premium carriers will cost more an inferior MVNO. You have to pay for your phone? Do you get mad that you have to pay for your house or car or do you expect those for free too?

0 Likes