Why is a certain number showing up in my online call log one day and then missing the next?
9873Oak
Enthusiast - Level 2

There is a certain number that repeatedly shows up on our online call log on Day 1 but that then disappears from the log subsequently.  The destination location never disappears but the number does.  The number can be retrieved from the billing statement, but I find it very curious that it keeps disappearing from the online call log.  Is is possible that a family member asked that this number be hidden?  I cannot think if any other reason.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why is a certain number showing up in my online call log one day and then missing the next?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are always dedicated to offering you the most accurate information about your usage. While usage is unbilled, the records we display are tentative. Once the invoice prints these are the definitive billed call records. The user would not be able to block their number from showing on your online account.
YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Re: Why is a certain number showing up in my online call log one day and then missing the next?
9873Oak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you for the courtesy of the reply.  To be sure, I see the number on the billed call record.  What I would like to know, however, is why this particular number repeatedly is recorded definitively on Day 1 and then disappears. This does not happen with any other number and seems very suspect.  What are the possible reasons for this?  Thanks again.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We are always here to assist 9873Oak. Let's find out were this mystery number is coming from and why it changes. How long has this been happening? Is the correct number showing once the bill is printed? What I can think of might be happening is the user might be using a VoiP phone number, and transmitting the call over an IP network instead of the traditional public switched telephone network.
JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
9873Oak
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you again.  The number (Destination) is from the Cayman Islands.  Whether it is incoming or outgoing, I do not know.  This has been happening for that past two billing cycles. The number shows up on the online call log on day 1 and then goes missing on day 2 (or perhaps even later on day 1, I dont recall).   And yes, the correct numbers shows up again once the bill is printed.  I can see how a VoIP number might not show up until the billing statement, but to show up and then disappear until the billing statement?  Thanks for looking into this, Jorge.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
9873Oak, you are most welcome. To confirm, this activity has only been occurring with this one particular phone number from this location, correct? Let us know if this starts occurring with other numbers, and we may be able to set up a ticket to review this further.

Thank you again!

NicandroN_VZW
0 Likes
9873Oak
Enthusiast - Level 2

It happens for just this location. There are two different numbers tied to this location.  Both show up and then disappear, only to return on the billing statement.  Origin of call is Sausalito, CA.  Destination is always Bridgetown. I have never seen it with any other number.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Thanks for the additional information 9873Oak. When you receive these phone calls, are you on answering the calls? Do you notice this also happening when you make or receive calls from another long distance number?

Thank You,
MichelleS_VZW
0 Likes
9873Oak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am not on the answering calls.  Another family member is.  This does not happen with any other numbers, long distance or otherwise.  Is it possible that the family member is requesting that the number be obscured from the online call log?

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Ah got it. 9873Oak, I doubt the person is obscuring the number from appearing via the log, as then the number would show up blocked or private. ( It would not show up on the log at all.)

It is possible, as mentioned if the number is VOIP, or some other type of online phone service, it may take a bit while the system receives the final billing/number information as it travels and connects through the different phone systems needed to process the call.

If the number appears once the final invoice appears, all is working correct with the reporting system..

NicandroN_VZW
0 Likes