Why is Verizon service ranked #1 by J. D. Powers?
cld91711
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was led into a very unfortunate situation by a super-friendly Verizon Wireless store manager: I was lobbied into trying Verizon's Home Phone Connect, which led to a series of unfortunate events and an even longer series of phone calls to Verizon. The issue was that I was charged an Early Termination Fee for trying Verizon's new Home Phone Connect device and service, which I cancelled after just three weeks. No one told me there would be any termination fee when I cancelled. Further, through a very long series of phone calls I was repeatedly told that I should not have been charged such a fee, that I would not be charged such a fee, and that someone would call back to confirm that.

Need;less to say, no one ever called back, and the fee remained on my bill. I sent a letter to Verizon in duplicate —— to  both "Billing" in Dallas and "Correspondence Team" in Wallingford —— and included a check for all but the Early Termination Fee of $175.00 Now, they've cashed my check and reduced my bill to just that Early Termination Fee. But I haven't heard anything back from anyone at Verizon, I am unsure what to do next.

I've long been a customer of Verizon (both Verizon Communication for our home (copper) land line, and Verizon Wireless for our wireless phones, and we like our new iPhone 5 smartphones. But I am sufficiently irritated and upset to think about switching to other carriers at some point. And I wonder how Verizon's service can be ranked so highly with such apparent disregard for their customers. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Verizon service ranked #1 by J. D. Powers?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you sure you have your community account tied to your MyVerizon account? There is an option for a community only ID.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

You received a subsidy on your Home Phone Connect in exchange for signing a 2 yr contract.

The return period for Verizon without having to pay an ETF has been 14 days for at least a couple of years now.

You returned the device after 21 days, which falls outside of that 14 day period, which is why you were charged an ETF of $175.

When I purchased my Home Phone Connect, the full retail price was $129 however I see it is now down to only $99. The way I see it, why would I sign a 2 yr contract with an ETF of $175 when the full retail price is less than the ETF??? It makes even less sense now that they have dropped the price to $99.

Regardless, if you signed a contract and returned the device after 21 days, you are liable for the ETF.

Good luck.

cld91711
Enthusiast - Level 2

I understand your answer, for which I thank you. In part the fault is mine because I didn't realize I was buying something under the usual cellphone rules. But what I didn't mention was that the reasons I returned it were that: (a) our voice quality was so degraded that everyone who called us —— without exception —— commented that they couldn't hear us and any sounds were very tinny; and (b) it severed the connection to our home security system and essentially disabled it. This after having been assured by the local store manager that I wouldn't notice any change in service or quality.

So, yes, to the letter of the rules, they probably have me. But for a week's difference (21 days vs 14) I would have thought they might make an accommodation for a customer who has been with them for quite a while.

0 Likes
Intocable
Contributor - Level 2

pay your fees and move on. LIVE AND LEARN Next time try to educate yourself a little more before believing any salesman that comes your way.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi cld91711,

I am saddened to learn that you have not received the follow-up call as promised and I am here to help! It is unfortunate that you were unable to benefit from the Home Phone Connect. If the device was returned outside of the 14 day customer guarantee I an unable to credit the ETF. However, I can gladly review your account detail is an effort to identify any other available options. At your leisure, please DM you name, wireless number and billing system password. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Ayani_VZW
Please follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
cld91711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Ayani_VZW,

I am puzzled by your reply:

1. I was promised by several of your "customer service" representatives (and supervisors) that the ETF would be waived. And it is very hard for me to believe that Verizon does not have the ability to do such waivers.

2. I don't understand what you mean by "DM you name, wireless number and billing system password." My name is below, as is my wireless number, but should I give out my password in an email?

I hope to hear from you (although I am not optimistic).

Best,

--Clive (cld91711)

Private information removed in accordance with the Terms of Service.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You aren't replying to an e-mail; you are replying by e-mail and posting on a public forum.  Therefore, please do not post your personal info. such as name and phone number, as it's against the forum's Terms of Service.

0 Likes
cld91711
Enthusiast - Level 2

Dear Ayani_VZW,

Thank you for your note, but I am puzzled:

1. I have had several VZW "curomer service" representatives and supervisors tell me that since my Home Phone Connect produced very degraded service and disconnected our home alarm system, I should not —— and would not —— have to pay the ETF. I don't understand why VZW can't waive that after only three weeks (instead of 14 days) under the circumstances. I also find it incredible that VZW does not have a mechanism by which a waiver of EFT can be granted or an equivalent dollar credit cannot be put in my account.

BTW, I was not looking for Home Phone Connect service. It was a salesman and then a local VZW store manager (David, in Montclair, CA) who very strongly pushed me toward this just after I bought two new iPhone 5s for my wife and me. He assured me the service and quality would be indistinguishable from our (copper) land lines. And I tried it for three weeks, instead of two. And no one I ever talked to said anything about an ETF.

2. I appreciate the note from  that I was replying to a forum, rather than responding to an email. However, I did not see a "Reply" link on the web site, and I did not understand what a "DM" instruction means. What am I supposed to do? (And while my name and iPhone number are given here, I'm not including my password.)

I really would appreciate your help in finally and successfully resolving this matter. The whoile business, including the effort to reconnect our (copper) land lines, has taken an enormous amount of time and has caused me a lot of aggravation. If I don't get a waiver or credit or refund, at some point in the future I will terminate all of my Verizon services (both wireless and land line) and find other providers. While I have enjoyed Verizon until recently, the amount of "wear and tear" because of this is just beyond my ability to deal with. So, I really hope you can —— and will —— help.

--Clive (cld91711)

Personal information removed to comply with the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service.

To send a Direct Message (DM) to a user, first follow them by hovering over their name and clicking "Follow" in the pop-up box. Then, you may click their name to be taken to their user page, where you will find a Direct Message link.

Message was edited by: Admin Moderator

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

cld91711,

I don't understand how these Verizon CS agents can CONTINUE to be so unhelpful/unknowledgeable when it comes to DM's either.

These agents CONTINUE to fail to include their entire username when replying to a post which makes it harder to determine WHERE to send the DM. I can only assume that AyaniB_VZW is the agent which replied to your post. Before you can DM this agent, you would have to send a "follow" request to the agent. The agent would have to accept your "follow" request and would also have to send a "follow" request to you which you would have to accept. THEN and ONLY THEN would you be able to send a DM to that agent. If you click on the link I have provided to the agent's profile page, you can send a "follow" request by clicking on "Follow" in the upper right hand corner of the page.

How they either do not understand this or just don't care never fails to amaze me.

Hopefully, you will be able to get these follow requests started in order that you can send a DM to the agent as requested.

Good luck.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I would imagine that they'd receive a quicker response by calling Customer Service or visiting a local Corporate Verizon store.