Why is Verizon greedy and not pro-rating service?
Customer_5000
Enthusiast - Level 2

Called today to cancel my acct and was told I have to wait 3 more weeks until end of cycle. That's not a customer-oriented policy. Why not pro-rate it and end it when customer wants to end it? Pro-rating will increase customer satisfaction and boost customer loyalty. Verizon, don't you get it? People are getting fed up with GREEDY Corporations. Namaste.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why is Verizon greedy and not pro-rating service?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are following the Customer Agreement which you agreed to. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Are you month to month and out of contract?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

They are following the Customer Agreement which you agreed to. Customer Agreement | Verizon Wireless

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If it is contract then there would be an ETF and I'd just wait out the next 3 weeks.  If it is month to month then there is no penalty and pro-ration would be expected.  But, to answer the OP, YES, pro-ration should be applied IF you are out of contract.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No it isn't.

Cancellations will become effective on the last day of that month's billing cycle, and you are responsible for all charges incurred until then.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I guess that changed at some point.  I was pro-rated after contract and on M2M.  Also, porting a number will also pro-rate and a refund issued, of course there's an ETF.  When you port to another carrier your service stops instantly.  But, you can port over after contract and still be pro-rated.  This is fact.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It has been in the contract as long as I can remember, many reps have come on here reinforcing that wording in the contract and countless people who have ported/canceled their service have also come on these forums complaining about their final bill NOT being pro-rated OR any refund being issued. This is for people in contract AND out of contract. Of course, you could be right and it may have been different at some point. For years, this is the way it has worked, though.

Personally, I have never ported a number out of Verizon, so I have no personal knowledge.

Are you speaking from personal experience? You ported out and are now back with Verizon???

0 Likes
pherson
Champion - Level 1

Actually, whether in our out of contract, billing goes thru the last day of the bill cycle. If you port prior to the last day of the bill cycle, that line is SUSPENDED with BILLING. So you are still billed for it. And yes, I know that from experience.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I see that was updated 11/14/14. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It was updated in November for the new ETF schedule.

0 Likes