Re: Why is Verizon customer service so hostile to customers?
Not applicable

You seem to be confused. When you get service they charge you a pro rata charge for use up to the bill closing date. They charge you a month in advance and a $35 activation fee on your first invoice. The charges are fully explained on the on line bill at http://www.verizonwireless.com

Log in and view what the charges are for. After the first invoice it will be a stable invoice each month.

Just remember there is an additional 18% for taxes and Verizon surcharges and fees.

If you go over on data, its another $10-$15 per GB

And all cell companies do the same thing. So you may want to just get a cheap prepay device. Pay $35-$45 per month, unlimited talk and texts and 3G data. Which gets throttled after 2.5 GB just read up on it.

Good Luck

0 Likes
Catbird9
Contributor - Level 2

I recently went in to my local Verizon store with a question about my prepaid, pay-as-you-go service on my dumb phone. The young man was very helpful, even though he knew there'd be no commission in it for him. He even called Prepaid Customer Support for me from the landline (yes, they have a landline!) in the store and let me talk to a CS rep to work it out. The person on the phone was outstanding too. I felt like they took ownership of my issue and did the best they could to resolve it.

So not everyone is hostile. Not all salespeople are pushy and insensitive. Some people are good at what they do and give good service, and some are not. And often, I think we get back what we put out. Just sayin'.

jeblo459
Enthusiast - Level 1

"I came close to knocking the you know what out of this guy"

"Of course when I got in his face his attitude became that of a coward"

"I was loud enough everyone in the store everyone heard me"

"No manager or anyone else came over to find out what was going on. Maybe they were also scared."

Listen to yourself! Verizon customer service may be lacking at times, but you admit screaming/threatening to assault a store employee, for the gross crime of "trying to push more phones on us." I'd love to see the filing for the lawsuit you are "still considering." You sound like a angry, hateful man, if not an outright lunatic.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

If you don't want somebody to try to sell you something stay out of a Verizon Wireless store. They are sales people and if they didn't try to sell you something they wouldn't be doing their jobs. Your attitude about it is out of line. Where do you think you get off pushing people around like that? You get what you give out. You shouldn't treat people like that. The rep was just doing his job. Go to AT&T and they're going to try to sell you something too. Being rude to people and bullying them gets you nowhere. I feel for your wife and daughter.

amazed101
Enthusiast - Level 2

Lets all try AT&T. At least they pay their employees a fair wage, perhaps that's why the service is better.I'm disgusted with the terrible service I've dealt with from vzw......no more for me.

0 Likes