Why is Verizon customer service so hostile to customers?
AnotherUnhappyCustome
Enthusiast - Level 1

Trying to talk to Verizon customer service is infuriating! Why do they treat customers so badly while charging us so much? Seems they don't value customers any more...

Labels (1)
Re: Why is Verizon customer service so hostile to customers?
djjim6629
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are arrogant. They think they can do whatever they want because of their network.  Arrogance.

blackberryaddict
Enthusiast - Level 1

Im not thrilled about my service from them either.... hateful to my face as well as by phone.....

0 Likes
IAmWhatIAm
Enthusiast - Level 3

As soon as the Samsung Galaxy S5 comes out we are switching to AT&T. They have great service where we live. We use our cell phones here 95% of the time. We have not had a contract with Verizon in over 4 years so we can switch anytime without any fees.

We recently went to the Verizon store and the rep there gave my wife a hard time. We were going to get new smartphones at the time. Just a month ago. I came close to knocking the you know what out of this guy. I told my wife and daughter to leave the store and when I finished with the guy he was shaking.

My wife has congestive heart failure. This guy was trying to push more phones on us from the time he introduced himself even though we had told the guy what we wanted. I had told the guy which phone my daughter wanted and which phone my wife wanted. I thought the guy was writing this down and all was okay so I started to walk off and look around. Then I heard the guy start in again about more cell phones so my wife and daughter once again told him they just wanted what they told him they wanted. Then he told my wife she had an attitude. THIS GUY HAD AN ATTITUDE. Of course when I got in his face his attitude became that of a coward. Guess he thought I was not in ear shot and he would try stuff he thought he could get away with when he was just talking to my wife and daughter.

He upset my wife a lot and I am still considering a lawsuit.

He said his name was Lance. He had his ID card turned around so you could not read it. However, I did cancel my phone before he started all of this and I did notice a different name on the cancellation notice from Verizon which they post on the account holders web page. Maybe he cancelled it under someone else's name or did he lie to me about his name?

I cancelled my phone and I was going to go with another carrier because of our dropped calls going straight to voice mail. Now we are all going to another carrier.

Anyway, we don't need this crap. We will go with AT&T. My wife and daughter want nothing else to do with Verizon, ever. If they were the only cell company then I would get satellite phones if needed. That is how we now feel about Verizon.

I was loud enough everyone in the store everyone heard me. No manager or anyone else came over to find out what was going on. Maybe they were also scared.

Verizon better start paying more attention to customer service.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You are dealing with kids at the store. Must feel great to scare kids instead of just sticking to your principals and getting the phones you want.

At the corporate store I go to it is 90% kids waiting on you. However I am a big guy and they are a little taken back, instead of raising my voice to make me look like a fool I joke around with them.

It doesn't hurt to try humor over physical threats. No one likes to feel threatened.

And even big guys get threatened when I talk or raise my voice. So I understand the apprehension from a kid just out of school.

AT&T works for you then go to them. We have the freedom of choice. When a store employee gives me a line, I just leave and return when I am not angry. No valid decisions are going to be made by me under anger.

Go back to the corporate store and you may have a better experience.

Good Luck

IAmWhatIAm
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe where you go you have to deal with kids. Do not judge every store by what you see. They are all different. This guy was not a kid. Maybe you let people talk down to your wife. Lot of guys talk down to their wives. That is what I could assume by what you posted.

You were not there to hear the tone and anger in the guys voice when he said what he said. If the guy had said it in a civil tone then I would have acted differently.

You try to judge without knowing all the details which you could not know unless you were there.

My wife felt threatened by this guy when he raised his voice and used an angry tone when he said what he said to her.

Going through the entire episode form when we got there to when we left would take a lot of space and a lot more time than I care to spend on here.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Yeah they have mostly young people in the store I go to. Hence my alluding to kids.

And I don't talk down to my wife. And no one will. But then again I am not in the store to intimidate the sales people. I try to understand what and whom I am dealing with.

Maybe your attitude brought on the reaction in the store. I have seen it when people get an attitude. I read it in what you originally posted. Your alluding to your method of scaring the sales people show it.

And since I was not there I have no idea of how you perceived how your wife was spoken to. Sometimes we deflect our own sense of mood and manners on to others.

That could be what you did. I don't know and really don't care.

Like I said I wish you good luck on AT&T

pherson
Champion - Level 1

And the employee could counter sue due to your attitude.

It's quite easy to read between the lines to see someone's demeanor even in print. Ever read a book and imagine or even read in the characters perceived voice? We can see that you clearly went overboard based upon your account of the store and your response toward #elector. This is a public peer to peer community and if someone posts on here they can and will be fair game to comments and criticism.  Having said that, you are in the wrong here sir. Feel for your wife's situation, however does not make your actions right. I believe in yesterday's and today's lingo this is referred to as bullying.

Best wishes at your new provider.

azanghi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I also agree. I have been calling customer service many times the last few weeks. Once I was even on the phone with them for 50 minutes. I had inquired on several occasions about the Verizon Prepaid plan because I am no longer on contract and all I received was complete rudeness. On one occasion I had even called the store and not only was the girl rude she did not want to answer my prepaid questions and directed me to call the main customer service line. From what I can see Verizon feels obligated to now offer a prepaid plan ( and they are not happy) as that is what the other carriers are doing, and to boot they are not making it appealing to go with a  prepaid plan by only giving you a choice of two Android phones ( AT&T offers like 30 no contract phones) and then to make it even worse they have their customers service reps be hostile about answering questions about the prepaid plans. The bad customer service must somewhat stem from them working on commission  and not making any money on prepaid plans. Shame  on you Verizon, don't you realize that people are on to you. If you are going to offer something don't be miserable about it because atleast your customers are staying. The other times I called is to see if Verizon could match AT& T's no contract price of only $25. or $15. for the access line charge and then you pick your bucket of data. But that is a whole other issue I will comment on later...

0 Likes
lindade

Have no idea why they are, but this is no way to run a business.  They told me one price and charge me higher. Why?

There are other wireless I am looking into. I do not need to be treated like this, and I only just got the device and so called FREE phone Feb 2014. Linda

0 Likes