Why is Verizon Asking for Employee Validation for Veterans Discount Done with DD214?
Luke_AZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I initially applied for and got the Verizon Veterans Discount, I provided Verizon with the appropriate requested paper work and a copy of my DD214(s). 

Why, after a number of years, is Verizon asking for me to validate this AGAIN with the "Employee Validation" process which is clearly not applicable to the Veterans Discount process?  There is no way to upload an image of a DD214 and, for that matter, not a shred of information on how the process applies to the Veterans discount.  We don't have Veterans pay stubs (aside from some of us having disability income or retirement income. But not all vets have that or can easily provide that information if they do.

No one at Verizon appears to care that they are sending what is likely thousands of veterans running around in circles talking and chatting with Verizon "Customer Service" personal (in some other country) who know NOTHING about what we are asking. NOTHING.  None at Verizon seems to even understand what the Veterans Discount program  not to mention - why one would have to re-validate the fact that one is a vet.  Unless Verizon has developed some kind of time machine, I'll always be a Veteran  and really, one copy of my DD214(s) are more than enough wouldn't you agree?

Idea:  have a nice little data field and radio button in your system that says this person has been Validated for Veterans Discount with DD214.  It's that simple..... You must know you validated the person with a DD214 and have a copy.  Leads one to think that Verizon is not managing our personal data appropriately. Where does that information go?

Letter off to Verizon Corporate Customer Service ....

Labels (1)
Re: Why is Verizon Asking for Employee Validation for Veterans Discount Done with DD214?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Wireless is re-verifying everyone who has been receiving a discount.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: Why is Verizon Asking for Employee Validation for Veterans Discount Done with DD214?
Luke_AZ
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann154,  thanks for stating the obvious to get your response count up.

lbwolfson
Enthusiast - Level 1

When you are prompted to complete "employee discount" validation click on the "mail in pay stub" option. Fill out the form online by putting your name and address, etc. in both sections (as if you were also the employer). You'll then be sent to a page you can print out and mail to Verizon along with a copy of your DD214. I agree it is ridiculous they don't have a different option for validation of veterans discount. Good luck.

fixit10

What is the Veterans Discount?

0 Likes
grthinker
Enthusiast - Level 2

What in the world is "diamond". If "Verizon Wireless is re-verifying everyone who has been receiving a discount.". then why are they asking me to fill out this form? I think Luke explained the situation very well, and Verizon should take immediate steps to correct the problem

Peter

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

grthinker wrote:

What in the world is "diamond". If "Verizon Wireless is re-verifying everyone who has been receiving a discount.". then why are they asking me to fill out this form? I think Luke explained the situation very well, and Verizon should take immediate steps to correct the problem

Peter

"Diamond" is a community rank for this community forum.

Verizon Wireless began to have all their customers receiving discounts to re-verify those discounts starting in April 2013. As far as I can tell Verizon Wireless hadn't done this process before or it was several years ago. If you have the paperwork to prove that you still qualify for a discount, it shouldn't be a hardship to resubmit it again. Odds are you will need verify it again sometime in the future.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

azbutch
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not only that, but they tell us that it will be good for life. That's what they told me when I received the discount in the first place and now they are asking me to verify it. I guess life is short. And the process if you are a vet is straight out of the movie "Catch 22"!

armyveteran
Enthusiast - Level 2

Wholeheartedly agree.  I cancelled Verizon today because of their lack of respect for veterans.  Would hope that ALL veterans would take their business to another service provider.  When I asked about my DD-214 submitted to Verizon for  my initial discount, two different customer service providers told me my information had been "shredded."  Very concerning.

You cannot verify veteran status with an employment verification system.  Besides, Veteran status never changes.  Does Verizon think all current veteran discounts were obtained fraudulently? 

Very disturbing to encounter this kind of flagrant disregard for veterans.

armyveteran
Enthusiast - Level 2

Having the original paperwork isn't the point.  Veteran status doesn't change.  The status should NEVER have to be verified again after the first submission.  A DD-214 isn't the same thing as a pay stub or a work email address.