Why has the Verizon signal strength drooped in the Rapid City and Piedmont Valley areas in SD?
Les0616

It seems that as of a few months ago the signal strength of Verizon has decreased quite a bit in the Black Hills area. This has been noticeable on both iPhone and Android phones. Is anything being done to restore the service to it's previous capability? Does anyone know?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why has the Verizon signal strength drooped in the Rapid City and Piedmont Valley areas in SD?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Les0616, you’ve reached the right place for help. We always want our customers to have the best service so let’s look into the area to see what’s going on. Is this happening intermittent or consistently? What zipcode does this happen in? Does this happen indoors/outdoors or both?

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why has the Verizon signal strength drooped in the Rapid City and Piedmont Valley areas in SD?
Les0616

First, Thank you for responding.  The problem is pretty consistent. Some would even say constant. It actually started several months ago.  It is both indoors and outdoors.  It is in the area of zip codes 57701 and 57769 and those in between that we are aware of. We went to a Verizon store in the 57701 zip code area and were told by an employee there that they have received several complaints like ours. Also, we called Verizon tech support and talked to a very knowledgeable and helpful individual that enabled HD calling and WiFi calling on our phones in an effort to get us better service, but of course that would not fix the signal strength issue.  According to the Tech, there used to be both 3g and 4g is our area but now there is only 4g.  Signal strength is still down from what it was several months ago. We have both iPhone and Android phones and when we compare the signal strengths on each we are usually at the same level, which pretty much eliminates the phones as a problem. We have an iPhone 6s and an HTC10. I also had a Samsung Galaxy S4 prior to the HTC10 and experienced the identically same issues. We also, at about the same time, started experiencing dropped calls and poor call quality (voice breaking up, background noise) in our house.  Hope this helps.  As a side note, we originally went with Verizon because of the reliability of their and their large coverage area and hope we will see that again..

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Les0616

We appreciate all the information you have provided us so far. When you are using the service outside of your house, what issues are you having with call quality, texting or data usage?

ChristopherM_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Les0616

Outside of our house we see low signal strength, as indicated by the signal icon on our phones, and recently a dropped facetime call. Again, hope this info helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate you providing us with the additional details Les0616. It most certainly helps in the process of customizing a solution. May I ask are you having data issues as well? If so then to get a gauge of the data issue, please send us a screenshot of your signal strength in the area. Also, please run a speedtest on one of the device while in the zip code & post a screenshot of the results. Keep in mind that you want to have wifi turned off when you complete this process. We are eagerly awaiting to hear from you once this is done.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Les0616

Thanks again for your efforts in this matter. I have attempted to performs

the actions you requested and hope I did so appropriately. Attached are

the results of my actions. The screenshots were from the HTC 10.

On Sun, Jun 12, 2016 at 10:53 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Les0616m

Our main priority is to provide you the top notch service that you deserve. We definitely appreciate all the information you have provided and your efforts in attempting to get this resolved. Our area maps also indicate that you are located in a good coverage area with no current outages. We want to make sure that we help improve your service. Are both of the phones software up to date? How far do you travel from your home for services to improve?

YareliM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Les0616

Thanks again for looking at this issue.  Yes, both of our phones have the latest software. We have gone out and made some observations on the signal strength which I will provide the details of. In our house, driveway, patio, and front porch our phones indicate 2 bars,. (Those locations used to indicate 4 bars but the way.) We live less than 1/2 mile from exit 46 on Interstate 90. As we leave our house heading north (about 1 tenth of a mile) the signal strength drops to 1 bar. When we turn south towards the interstate the signal strength increases until it is 3 bars at the interstate exit 46. When entering the interstate heading East the signal strength drops again to 1 to 2 bars until we approach exit 52. From that point east the signal strength remains in the area of 3 to 5 bars. When entering the interstate heading West the signal strength also drops to 2 bars until we approach mile marker 43 where the signal strength increases until it is 3 bars at exit 40 and increases to 5 bars at exit 32, Sturgis, SD.  Hope this helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for your continued efforts here Les0616. We'd like to look further into this for you. We have sent you a private message to best assist.

NicoleB_VZW

0 Likes