Why has my phone sent a text to one of my contacts that I didn't write?
slocode11
Enthusiast - Level 1

My sister received a short text message from me yesterday, The message is among my outgoing messages but I did not send it to her. My phone was sitting on my desk at the time that the message was sent so I know I didn't butt dial it to her. The message read "Blood face for dvzou". It doesn't mean a thing to me so whats up?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why has my phone sent a text to one of my contacts that I didn't write?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like this was just a one time glitch.  For proper troubleshooting to be done, this would need to happen again.  Without a repeat, there is probably nothing to worry about.  Definitely message us if it happens again.

NoahS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jenniferh_vzw
Verizon Employee

That is extremely odd and concerning, slocode11. What model phone do you use? Do you happen to have any hands-free headset in use with your phone? Is it possible that anyone else had access to your phone while it was on your desk?

Thank you

JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
slocode11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Pantech Perception phone and do not have any hands free or other devices that I use with the phone. I have only found a couple of similar events on the internet so far and mostly this happens on G5 and Iphones. None at all are attributed to my phone type.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for clarifying the model of your device! It is certainly interesting to hear that these messages are occurring. Let's see if we can ge to the bottom of when they began and what might be causing them. Do you recall when these messages initially began?

HarleyE_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the ?Correct Answer? button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this

0 Likes
slocode11
Enthusiast - Level 1

This has only happened once but it was so very unexpected and unexplainable that I was immediately concerned. My phone shows an outgoing phone call to my sister at 2:56 pm on Wed. Nov. 2 that lasted for 1 min. 2 seconds. The text was sent to her at that same time. I had only ever called her previously on August 1 and again on Sept 15 on this phone which I activated at the end of December last year. This is my first cellular phone. I am hoping this is some one-time-only fluke that never happens again but I would like to try to understand how it happened. I have only sent about 10 text messages and have probably received the same number in the 11 months I’ve had the phone so sending a text is an unusual thing for me to do... something I rarely do. BTW, thanks for your attention!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It sounds like this was just a one time glitch.  For proper troubleshooting to be done, this would need to happen again.  Without a repeat, there is probably nothing to worry about.  Definitely message us if it happens again.

NoahS_VZW

0 Likes
slocode11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for our attention in this matter.

0 Likes
DUELOS

My phone is doing this also, sending random texts while in my pocket including accessing photos that are stored. Apparently it is a Samsung messaging app problem. Samsung is aware of this and not doing anything to fix it. I'll probably switch to Apple for my next phone. The only fix is to use a 3rd party messaging app and disable the Samsung messaging app

0 Likes