Why has Verison suspended all 6 of my phones? My account is paid up!!!!
gbarden
Enthusiast - Level 2

This is the second time in a year Verison has suspended my service. I have no idea why - account is paid up.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why has Verison suspended all 6 of my phones? My account is paid up!!!!
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To prevent fraudulent activity they disable all lines. You should think about changing your online password. Also, run an anti-virus and malware detection program on your computer. How mad would you have been if Verizon had let the charges happen with no action and then slapped you with the bill? Apparently, you weren't monitoring your usage and by not doing that you can't catch it. Had Verizon not caught it for you  you would have blamed them for not. So it seems that they can't win for losing. As an on-call physician you really should have more than one number to be contacted at.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is very concerning, gbarden. It's important we keep your services working so you can enjoy our network. I've sent you a private message here in the forums. Please log into https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox and reply there with the information I'll need to check out what has happened with your account.

JenniferH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
gbarden
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not see your "answer" to my phones being deactivated last October. I am still with Verison, but it was frustrating to be a physician "on call" for a weekend and have Verison to turn off my phones on a Friday night - some apparent fraud tagged my lines - without Verison bothering to call me! Someone was able to log into MyVerison, change my phone type, and start calling the world. Not sure why Verison did not just disable international calling! Instead they deactivated my phones. Not even sure my service agreement says they can do that when I have done nothing.

Graham

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

To prevent fraudulent activity they disable all lines. You should think about changing your online password. Also, run an anti-virus and malware detection program on your computer. How mad would you have been if Verizon had let the charges happen with no action and then slapped you with the bill? Apparently, you weren't monitoring your usage and by not doing that you can't catch it. Had Verizon not caught it for you  you would have blamed them for not. So it seems that they can't win for losing. As an on-call physician you really should have more than one number to be contacted at.

0 Likes
gbarden
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am only responsible for the calls made with my phones. If Verison allows their system to be hacked, it is not my fault. I am concerned because the fraud that was committed was for international calling. Verison could have disabled my international calling (as I had previously had it set to!) and thir risk for further calls goes to zero and I could still use my lines.

Just because you can disable my lines does not mean that is the best thing to do.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

If someone got into your account, whether because they hacked Verizon or they got access to your password (you could have been hacked) there is no way for Verizon to know what their intent was. As long as they can get into your account, phones could be bought, services could be added, data can be used with thousands of dollars of potential overages -- the sky is the limit. The only viable alternative is to freeze the accounts until security can be re-established. If Verizon had only limited long distance calling, but then you had $5,000 data overage and $2000 of new phones bought you would be mad they did not disable the account. You can't have it both ways.

Since this happened twice, I would change phone numbers, use a very complex password and make sure all my phones have lock codes.

0 Likes