Why don't I see an option to select a new plan?
AZ8
Contributor - Level 1

I'm currently off contract with unlimited data. My data usage is under 3GB per month. With the impending increase of $20 to unlimited data plan, I was looking at a way to keep my bill roughly what I'm paying now. With a current work discount, my bill is $78. Its time to upgrade my three year old phone, razr HD.

So I've decided to upgrade to the LG V10. When I proceed through the order, the only plans made available to me are 6GB Verizon max and 8GB max with mobile hotspot. These plans don't recognize my employer discount. With the new phone, my bill jumps to roughly $114.

If I had an option to choose the "Medium" 3 GB plan, my bill with new phone would be around $84. I could live with that.

But I can't select that option.

I canceled my order before checkout so i wouldn't lose unlimited.

Anyone have the same issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: No option to select new plan
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon's website is notorious for being able to handle only one transaction at a time.  So changing your plan AND making a purchase, as you  discovered, doesn't work well.  Calling CS as the rep suggested will allow you to do it all at once.

To do it all on your own, you'd need to change your plan, establish that it is in place, probably wait a billing cycle, THEN try the purchase.  I'd call in and purchase and request the plan change.

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am so excited for you to get this amazing new phone. You can certainly get your hands on any of our current price plans to go with your upgrade. Our sales experts are standing by at 800-256-4646 and they can make sure your order goes through flawlessly the first time. You can get the phone you want & the plan you want. All in one convenient phone call.
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon's website is notorious for being able to handle only one transaction at a time.  So changing your plan AND making a purchase, as you  discovered, doesn't work well.  Calling CS as the rep suggested will allow you to do it all at once.

To do it all on your own, you'd need to change your plan, establish that it is in place, probably wait a billing cycle, THEN try the purchase.  I'd call in and purchase and request the plan change.

Roberto212
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hey, same situation here - unlimited data and a work discount.  And I'm also about to buy the LG V10.

As lame as that canned answer above from the rep is, it's worth giving the number a call, the reps are really helpful.  Though I had called VZW and went to the store and the rate was similar to where I am now. So I was finally going to switch to TMobile.  Anyhow, I gave one last call and the VZW came up with a really good monthly rate (lower than anywhere else)..  Everyone at Verizon seems super helpful to me, so worth a few phone calls. 

AZ8
Contributor - Level 1

Thank you SuzyQ.

i just tried changing only my plan and it gave me the options. Didn't proceed with phone upgrade. Guess I'll just run to A Verizon store and get it all done at the same time.

THanks for the help.

0 Likes