Why doesn't Verizon report the positive credit to the credit bureaus?
Strawb3rri

I am wondering why Verizon doesn't report the positive credit to the credit bureaus.  They check your credit for good credit to start the account and they report the negative credit when you miss a payment straight away.  So my question is why cant they give me my good credit as well???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Credit
deloused
Master - Level 3

Generally utilities/service companies/ landlords and the like don't report active payment information to the credit bureaus since they're not extending a line of credit as a requirement for the account.

The plus side however is that a late payment to Verizon wouldnt negativity affect ones credit. They actually only report negative information after an account is closed, remains unpaid, and has been turned over to collections/ charged off.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
deloused
Master - Level 3

Generally utilities/service companies/ landlords and the like don't report active payment information to the credit bureaus since they're not extending a line of credit as a requirement for the account.

The plus side however is that a late payment to Verizon wouldnt negativity affect ones credit. They actually only report negative information after an account is closed, remains unpaid, and has been turned over to collections/ charged off.

0 Likes
lorreblack

This is a half truth.   I was told because I was paying for my phone, my payments would be reported positively to the credit bureaus. 

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus
Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.
0 Likes