Why doesn't Verizon care about loyal customers? Looks like it's time to move on.
kyle208
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been with Verizon for over 10 years.  This morning after a few days of most frustrating customer service experience of my life in the form of an almost 4 hour chat session without the resolution of my issue I was strongly considering porting my numbers over to AT&T. 

As my phone is critical to me because I manage a few sales teams, some of them being global I need to have a reliable phone as I could be contacted any time day or night.  I just had an issue with a phone that was replaced by insurance because they refurbish these phones.  Because of this I decided to utilize my upgrade and get a new phone so I could ensure the reliability and limit my odds of having to potentially deal with a defective phone again.

I spoke to a number of customer service representatives about the upgrade because of all the great promotions that are being run on the website right now, apparently as I already pay for unlimited data and am a current customer I don't qualify for any of the good deals advertised.  I even spoke with one of the retention agents before following through with moving my phone number over to AT&T to see if I was wrong in my assumption and maybe they did care about my business.

The retention agent solution to attempt at retaining my business was to try and sell me on why $250 dollars was a good deal as far as trade in value for my Iphone X, change my current phone number by canceling my current line and opening a new line to get the discounts, she was really sorry I had a terrible experience on the 4 hour chat session that ended without resolution, and they really dont want to lose me as a customer.  I couldn't help but notice however this wasn't demonstrated in any way other than words.  The person adding a line or bringing over their number is getting a $150 dollar credit and $500 dollars for their trade in.  Even as I write this I'm baffled as to how little they actually care about the retention of their current customers.

Everything that I have been told basically says that Verizon cares more about new customers than old.  I have been told by representatives that Verizon rolls out different deals all the time and some favor new customers and some favor existing customers.  After doing a simple internet search, I have looked up all the deals over the last two years, and there is no question that new customers are where the deals are driven to. 

To be clear, having to add a new line is not a great deal to an existing customer as it only increases our bill.  My phone is paid off and I'm currently waiting for my second replacement phone to arrive at some point today.  When it gets here I will be going to AT&T and move my lines over.  I never wanted to be someone who jumped carriers but it seems like the smart move is to switch every two years as there is no incentive to stay loyal. 

For current customers, I hope Verizon understands that while new customers are an essential part of growing a business, keeping the current customers you have is the only way to sustain growth.  I can only assume they are banking on people being to lazy to actually move.  Considering they are the most expensive of the carriers, you would think those of us that are willing to pay a little extra to stay, would be appreciated.  It seems after over 10 years, it's time to move on.

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon care about loyal customers? Looks like it's time to move on.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We never want to lose a valuable long time customer like you, kyle208. We are here to help. 

We have sent you a Private Message, please only respond to that message going forward.

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Why doesn't Verizon care about loyal customers? Looks like it's time to move on.
kyle208
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just wanted to add a quick update before I left.

After sending a message claiming they wanted to do what they could to retain my business I  verified my account but they were having issues and ended up having to call me.

I feel like my few paragraph rant above pretty much said it all.  The young man who called me had no idea why he was even calling.  His first statement to me was "so I understand you want to look at our current promotion for upgrading".  At this point I just started shaking my head as yeah, that is pretty much what I have come to expect from verizon at this point.

After explaining my issues, again, he kept trying to get me to stay by telling me he sure understood my frustration and than lying to me by telling me that it was going to cost a lot more money to switch.  Odd as they spiff me for coming over, there plan is less expensive for the same services and I get the phone for a fraction of the cost verizon wants to charge me.  When I mentioned all that he was just quiet.  He than offered me an IPAD for 150 dollars with a service plan (why are you serious right now?).  

Finally I made it real clear.  You either value my business and will show me by at least coming close to what you are doing for people just joining verizon, or you dont which feels like where we are at.  He than placed me on hold for 15 - 20 minutes at which he returned to the phone call and explained that sometimes the promotions benefit the current customers and sometimes they benefited people moving over.  I asked him to show me a promotion that was better for verizons current customers rather than their new.  He could not produce such a promotion.  

Finally admitting defeat and offered absolutely nothing other than a I sure am sorry you feel that way and I sure wish you would stay with us.  

@vzw_customer_support -  Why waste my time?  My email could not have been more clear.  Why reply like you were going to do something when there was absolutely nothing you are empowered to do?  Is it one last F you, waste even more of my time and send me on my way?

Not empowered to resolve issues, not empowered to retain customers, essentially there is no reason to contact Verizon for anything except maybe activation.  What you see online is what they can do for you, period.  

I can not wait for my phone to get here so I can high tail it over to AT&T.

0 Likes
kyle208
Enthusiast - Level 2

@vzw_customer_support  - Appreciate you wasting my time.

Just wanted to add a quick update before I left.

After sending a message claiming they wanted to do what they could to retain my business I  verified my account but they were having issues and ended up having to call me.

I feel like my few paragraph rant above pretty much said it all.  The young man who called me had no idea why he was even calling.  His first statement to me was "so I understand you want to look at our current promotion for upgrading".  At this point I just started shaking my head as yeah, that is pretty much what I have come to expect from verizon at this point.

After explaining my issues, again, he kept trying to get me to stay by telling me he sure understood my frustration and than lying to me by telling me that it was going to cost a lot more money to switch.  Odd as they spiff me for coming over, there plan is less expensive for the same services and I get the phone for a fraction of the cost verizon wants to charge me.  When I mentioned all that he was just quiet.  He than offered me an IPAD for 150 dollars with a service plan (why are you serious right now?).  

Finally I made it real clear.  You either value my business and will show me by at least coming close to what you are doing for people just joining verizon, or you dont which feels like where we are at.  He than placed me on hold for 15 - 20 minutes at which he returned to the phone call and explained that sometimes the promotions benefit the current customers and sometimes they benefited people moving over.  I asked him to show me a promotion that was better for verizons current customers rather than their new.  He could not produce such a promotion.  

Finally admitting defeat and offered absolutely nothing other than a I sure am sorry you feel that way and I sure wish you would stay with us.  

@vzw_customer_support -  Why waste my time?  My email could not have been more clear.  Why reply like you were going to do something when there was absolutely nothing you are empowered to do?  Is it one last F you, waste even more of my time and send me on my way?

Not empowered to resolve issues, not empowered to retain customers, essentially there is no reason to contact Verizon for anything except maybe activation.  What you see online is what they can do for you, period.  

I can not wait for my phone to get here so I can high tail it over to AT&T.

0 Likes