Re$ Re:s Why does verizon dislike loyal customers more than new customers?
Leeh21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I respect your right to your opinion, I do take issue with the generalization you make about me. You do not know me , my situation or my true motives. I do agree on the surface my motives appear selfish, however anything that benefits one existing customer will benefit all existing customers.

0 Likes
Re: Re:s Why does verizon dislike loyal customers more than new customers?
Leeh21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I respect your right to your opinion, I do take issue with the generalization you make about me. You do not know me , my situation or my true motives. I do agree on the surface my motives appear selfish, however anything that benefits one existing customer will benefit all existing customers.

0 Likes
Re: Re$ Re:s Why does verizon dislike loyal customers more than new customers?
rcschnoor
Legend

@Leeh21 wrote:

I respect your right to your opinion, I do take issue with the generalization you make about me. You do not know me , my situation or my true motives.

I'm not sure what generalizations you THINK I am making about you, but you would be incorrect. I assume you mean my statement below:

It sounds more like the fact you want something for which you are either unwilling or able to afford.

THAT is not a generalization. That is a statement saying you either have the money to purchase an expensive device and choose not to do so OR you don't have the money to do so. Basically, I am saying you either have the money or you don't have the money. No generalizations one way or the other BUT one of the two IS the case. You ARE correct that I don't know you which IS why I made no generalization about your situation but instead covered the gamut.

@Leeh21 wrote:

I do agree on the surface my motives appear selfish, however anything that benefits one existing customer will benefit all existing customers.

Now YOU are making generalizations. The discount to which you refer means accounts of a minimum of 2 lines. What about those customers who only have one line. How are THEY benefiting?

Furthermore, the money which would make these discounts possible has to come from somewhere. Where is Verizon going to take that money in order to provide the discounts to the 50-75 million(150 million customers with the AVERAGE customer purchasing a new device every 2-3 years) phone purchases each year? IF Verizon has to limit the amount they spend on their network in order to subsidize all of those phones, that would NOT benefit "all existing customers". On the contrary, it would do the exact opposite. Of course, I certainly don't know where all of that extra money would come from, but you would certainly have to consider that as a possibility.

THIS is why Verizon limits these BOGO deals to NEW customers since that is ~1.5 - 3 million NEW customers each year(1% - 2% churn rate) vs 50 - 75 million CURRENT customers purchasing new phones each year. It is a MUCH smaller amount to subsidize.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure that you feel appreciated as a customer. Would you like to go over deals that are available to you now?

KerryC_VZW

0 Likes
Leeh21
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would be very interested in hearing about current deals available.

0 Likes