Why does the voice mail message have to be so long? Incoming and when I retrieve messages?
supermom1414

Everyone knows when you hear the beep to leave a message. Why does Verizon's message have to be so long? Also, when I try to retrieve my message, why does it have to take so long? I really don't need the callers number until AFTER I hear the message. This is 2017, this process should be shorter and faster.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does the voice mail message have to be so long? Incoming and when I retrieve messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When you’re right, you’re right, supermom1414. Here’s a quick tip I found to save you on listening to that outgoing message:

“when you call most Verizon Wireless subscribers, tap the * button when you hear their message begin to play, and then leave your message.”

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/

Another general time saver is visual voicemail, what is the make and model of you phone?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Why does the voice mail message have to be so long? Incoming and when I retrieve messages?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

When you’re right, you’re right, supermom1414. Here’s a quick tip I found to save you on listening to that outgoing message:

“when you call most Verizon Wireless subscribers, tap the * button when you hear their message begin to play, and then leave your message.”

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/voice-mail-faqs/

Another general time saver is visual voicemail, what is the make and model of you phone?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It is 2017. How come you aren't using Visual Voicemail? It is free on all Android and iPhone devices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Go into the voicemail preferences and turn off the envelope information.

Personally I prefer hearing the number and duration of the voicemail before listening to it. It gives me a chance to write down the number if case I need to call them back. The other reason is if I recognize the number and don't want to listen to the voicemail, I can delete it without listening to message at all.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I guess I'm "old school" in that area. I actually don't care for the visual voicemail especially since it requires a cellular data connection to send the messages to the phone. I still live and work near areas where the data signal can be weak and the voice network is stronger.  I actually added a block to my account to keep my line to the basic non-visual voicemail even as I switch from one phone to another.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes