Why does the LG G2 time keep changing?
oceanwavs06
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am sitting here at work, not moving and I look down at my phone and instead of saying 3:34pm it says 7:45pm. This has never happened before! I restarted it, the time was then correct but 5min later it changed again! I went into settings to make sure it is set to automatically update from the network. It was. I then turned that off, corrected the time and turned those settings back on. 10min later it was 7:50pm again! What is going on?! This is VERY frustrating!!! I am not happy with my LG G2 at all. I have already had to reset it to factory settings when it was only 6months old because it was very slow.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 time keeps changing!!!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure you are on the right time oceanwavs06! Does this happen everywhere or just one place? Please turn off your phone and remove http://vz.to/1GozvX1 your SIM card for 3 minutes and retry.  Please put the phone on http://vz.to/1DMriPk safe mode and retry.
AmberF_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
oceanwavs06,

Let's get to the bottom of this! I can certainly understand this issue causing some frustrations.  When exactly did this begin happening? Have you added anything new to the device recently?

I'd suggest starting the phone in safe mode and seeing if the time will function properly; http://vz.to/1rJByAo .

TrevorC_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
melodyd78

This is happening to me too. I have two of these phones, one for work and one for personal, and it's happening on both! Right now it's 12:39am, it says its 7:39am. I keep having to reset!

0 Likes
DCVerizonCustomer

Hi this is happening to me as well with the LG G2. I started it in Safe Mode and the network time changed again 10 mins later in Safe Mode. Its always exactly 4 hours ahead of what it should be. So for example the time is 6:17 and randomly the phone will start displaying 10:17.

This just started happening today out of the blue.

0 Likes
oceanwavs06
Enthusiast - Level 2

It stopped doing it the next day without having to do anything. I was ready to do a factory reboot but it wasn't needed. I found out other people I knew that were having the issue with their android phones. Could this be a bug with the lollipop upgrade?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
DCVerizonCustomer,

Let's get your time corrected! Has this been occurring in one specific location or zip code?  When you noticed the time change have you been on the mobile network or Wi-Fi? Please share a few more details. Thanks.

TrevorC_VZW
0 Likes
oceanwavs06
Enthusiast - Level 2

It was happening within 14263 on the date of my original message. My

coworker also has Verizon and her phone was fine. It did fix itself and

stopped doing it sometime overnight because it was fine the next morning

(Sat the 18th). Not sure what it was since I did nothing to fix it

overnight.

On Apr 26, 2015 6:32 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want to make sure you are on the right time oceanwavs06! Does this happen everywhere or just one place? Please turn off your phone and remove http://vz.to/1GozvX1 your SIM card for 3 minutes and retry.  Please put the phone on http://vz.to/1DMriPk safe mode and retry.
AmberF_VZW
0 Likes
Heavyhitter07

Hello,

I am experiencing a very similar issue.  Last week the date changed on my LG G2 from May 9, 2015 to December 23, 2034.  The time also went back an hour.  This happened in zip code 10012.  Today when I got back to the same zipcode, I noticed the same anamolie however now it was December 25, 2034.  I am logged on to a WiFi. 

The change triggers email counts changing, antivirus scans and clock alarms going off every hour.  What can you suggest to fix this issue?

Please advise.

0 Likes
henryf

same here. I have a LG G2 the LG VS980 Software update 39A and all the sudden it will keep on changing the time to December 23, 2034. It's on the mobile network and I have taken off the automatically adjust for time and adjust time zone. still happening.

0 Likes