Why does my service suck all of a sudden
Jinglebells0518
Enthusiast - Level 1

have been using Verizon in this area for years and it has been decent. In the past month or so not a single thing will load on my phone on data. My phone almost always says 3G and hardly ever LTE and forget trying to open a web page without wifi connection. I thought maybe it was my phone going bad since it is pretty old but seems my entire community has been experiencing this problem recently. Why is it all of a sudden sucky? What has changed in the past month that is different from the last 15 years. The weather has been great and I can't understand why Verizon would all of a sudden slow down their service in this area. I already pay quite a bit for this plan so if this is a ploy to get me to upgrade to a more expensive plan, I can't say I'm impressed or inclined.

Labels (1)
Re: Why does my service suck all of a sudden
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Zip code?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tags (1)
Jinglebells0518
Enthusiast - Level 1

boringusername
Master - Level 1

Maybe switch to a different carreir

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jinglebells0518

I know the importance of ensuring your have the best network experience possible. It's truly disheartening to learn that your phone is connecting to 3G more often than our 4G LTE network.  There are currently no open network alerts for the area you have provided. Do you have issues with sending/receiving calls/texts when your phone shows 3G? Which phone do you have with us? Is this happening when using your phone indoors outdoors or both? 

TanishaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

DOUBLEZER00
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm in Rapid City SD 57701 and my phone worked perfectly this summer. All of sudden maybe 2 months ago, my service is terrible! I can't make a phone call in my basement (where I live). I was recently in Phoenix AZ, figuring I'd have amazing service in a bigger city. My phone couldn't find service for nothing. I was in downtown Phoenix and No Service...

I just bought the iPhoneXs Max and now I can't get more than the 1x. I can't send imesssages. I can't use apps. I can't do anything with this $1200 phone.

How do I get usable service? We've been Verizon customers since 2004 and haven't had this bad of problems. Please, help me.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use the service where and when you need it most is crucial, DOUBLEZEROO. We want to learn more about the issues you are experiencing in order to find a lasting resolution. Do you happen to know if any other Verizon Wireless customers are experiencing similar issues? Does your service improve when outside of the basement? Any recent changes to your device or applications? Looking forward to hearing back.

Chris_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Why does my service terrible all of a sudden
bubbleibrei88
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having the same issue in zipcode 92064 since the beginning of 2019. No one in store or over the phone can figure out why nothing will load when I have full bars, LTE in this area. I left Verizon before due to their rates. The carrier I went to had awful service, so I switched back to Verizon. But now I am paying twice as much and the service is worse than the former carrier. Verizon is rated as the best coverage, but that is not the experience I’m having now. I will definitely be leaving Verizon if this issue doesn’t get fixed soon. I’m paying too much and getting nothing in return. 

ladon1069
Enthusiast - Level 1

Samething in Middle Ga.  31030.  I have dsl for home internet and its slow. Upgraded to unlimited so I could use LTE and now its slower than DSL.  

boringusername
Master - Level 1

@ladon1069 wrote:

Samething in Middle Ga.  31030.  I have dsl for home internet and its slow. Upgraded to unlimited so I could use LTE and now its slower than DSL.  

Wireless is not meant to be a replacement for home internet. which plan are you on? Go Unlimited cap hotspot at 600 kbps, Beyond Unlimited gives 15 GB at LTE then 600 kbps, Above Unlimited give 20 GB then 600 kbps

0 Likes