Why does my phone say text messages have been sent but it shows an exclaimation point inside of a red triangle?
johnnyr787
Enthusiast - Level 3

I sent a text message to someone on Saturday and the message says that it has been sent but for some odd reason today when I went to delete messages from other people I have messaged to free up space on my phone I noticed that there is an exclamation point inside of a red triangle next to the guys name that I sent the text message to from Saturday however if I click on his name in my text messages app to see his messages it shows that the last message I sent him has been sent (it says sent under the text message) so then what is this exclamation point inside the red triangle mean? If it says sent under the text message I would think the text went through and sent but this triangle exclamation point has me confused. I have the blackberry priv which runs on Android OS.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does my phone say text messages have been sent but it shows an exclaimation point inside of a red triangle?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Has there been any response to the message?  Was there a photo attached?  Or special characters, or emoji's?  What happens if you tap the exclamation symbol - does that give you a clue?

0 Likes
Re: Why does my phone say text messages have been sent but it shows an exclaimation point inside of a red triangle?
johnnyr787
Enthusiast - Level 3

No there was no photos attached and no special characters or emojis attached although when I send messages with special characters or emojis they go through just fine. I still can't figure out why this is happening. My messages continue to say sent but when I go back to my list of people I texted some of them show that exclamation point inside the triangle.

According to tech support a triangle with an exclamation point inside means the text did not go through and therefore did not send but that makes no sense considering I can open the text and it says sent right under the text message I sent. No matter how many times I try to text certain people it does this the text says sent but their name in my texting app (same one that came with the phone) shows an exclamation point inside that triangle.

Because none of those people are responding back to me I can't tell if they're just busy and haven't had time to respond back in all these hours or if it's really that my texts have not gone through. I spent an hour on the line with verizon tech support and the most they could do was have me clear the cache in the app settings and to restart my phone which neither seemed to fix the issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing your messaging concern to our attention, johnnyr787. It is odd to receive this icon if you have already received the "message sent" message. Let's look into this error message together to see what's going on. Are you using the default messaging app? When did you first start getting the exclamation point in the triangle? If there has been any changes to the device or the software recently then please advise.

ArnettH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes