Why does my LARGE 6GB plan have a limit of 4.000GB?
wallaces3

As you can see in the image below, my PLAN LARGE 6GB show a 4.000GB limit.

See the calculation:  1.879 GB remaining    2.121 GB of 4.000 GB used.

Am I reading this wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Why does my LARGE 6GB plan have a limit of 4.000GB?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed. Calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request the data plan change be backdated to the beginning of the billing cycle is the best way to get the full use of the 6 GB plan for the entire billing cycle. Otherwise you will be guaranteed to be charged overage fees for the two prorated data plan sizes.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

You recently changed your plan...when?

0 Likes
wallaces3

I changed the plan today, with a back-date of 4/19.

I only changed from the 3GB plan to the 6GB plan because of a similar problem with the 3GB.

On the 3GB plan it was showing that we used about 2.4GB but it indicated that we were already over the normal usage and were in the Overage 1GB portion.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

To verify, 4/19 date is the beginning date of your billing cycle?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
wallaces3

No.  4/19 was the date Verizon said I went over my 3GB plan, so I upgraded to the 6GB.  But as you can see even today, 5/2, I have still not even reached 3GB usage.  My billing cycle is 4/9 to 5/9.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

You should have backdated to 4/9, first day of your plan.  Then you get the full 6GB for the entire month.  Now it is prorated, and you will still get overage on the first part of the month. You have only used 1.879 since 4/19.  Since you changed 1/3 of the way through your cycle, you only get the 2/3 charge for 6 GB and only 2/3 of the data or 4GB. Your month has essentially been split in 2 and you limit for the first 10 days was only 1GB!!!!! 

Call all and see if you can change the effective date to 4/9 BEFORE the end of this cycle (5/8) as you will not be happy what your bill will look like -- as you will still likely have a $15 overage, maybe even $30 or $45 for the first part of the month!!!! Strong,y suggest you act now. 

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Agreed. Calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or *611 from your phone and request the data plan change be backdated to the beginning of the billing cycle is the best way to get the full use of the 6 GB plan for the entire billing cycle. Otherwise you will be guaranteed to be charged overage fees for the two prorated data plan sizes.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wallaces3 We definitely want to make sure you get the data you are paying for. Let's figure this out together. I see the notice that you recently changed the plan. If this is the case and the plan was not backdated to the beginning of the cycle you will not get the full 6GB. Is this what happened?
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

wallaces3 I've sent you a private message here in this forum. Please check your inbox at https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox to discuss further details about your concern.
DeloresK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes