Why does call-forwarding essentially disable my ability to access voicemail?
dillonrp

Using a home-phone connect.  I have call forwarding set up so that when the line is busy incoming calls are is supposed to roll to another line.  However, we cannot check voicemails from the home-phone connect line, as it rolls the call to the second line, and have to back door in from another number to get messages.  Further, I have noticed that we still have call waiting calls that don't roll over.  This is extremely inconvenient, and essentially more hassle than what it is worth.  Any solutions? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Why does call-forwarding essentially disable my ability to access voicemail?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dillonrp.

Oh my, we definitely don't want to make this harder for you than it should be. When you listen to your voice messages are you listening to them on your home phone connect or the number the calls are forwarded to? You should be able to listen to voice messages with no problem from the actual home phone connect, but not from the number the calls are forwarded to. Do you know if your call are setup to forward as busy no answer or immediate call forwarding?

KarenC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Re: Why does call-forwarding essentially disable my ability to access voicemail?
dillonrp

KarenC_VZW,

The home phone connect was set up to call forward on busy calls only.  However, we still had calls come in and just hit call waiting, so nothing ever rolled.  Maybe I was supposed to shut off call waiting and don't know how to do that. 

If we tried to dial *86 from the home phone connect line, it then would roll to the forwarded line but wouldn't go to the voicemail system.  I would have to access voicemail by using my mobile phone (not the number calls were forwarded to) and changing the account at the first prompt. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dillonrp,

Thanks for the info! Let's get this sorted out. So you have call forwarding to another number if you do not answer your Home Phone Connect line? Here is a link to setting up and disabling call forwarding. http://vz.to/Mp0Xz6 Please ensure everything is set up correctly. Keep us posted.

Thanks, BobbyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes